Seeking constructive criticism

Subranis

Reaction score
I've been messing with some playstyles I haven't quite experimented with before and I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on both my tone and mix.
The drums were created with Daniel Berg's s2.0 preset and programmed by me, the rest was written and recorded by me.
https://soundcloud.com/subranis/bros-dont-wear-crocs
Thanks tons!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aion

Reaction score
I like the guitar tones, they sound really chunky to me. In terms of tone, the only thing I'm hearing the sounds a bit off to me is some of the cymbal hits. ARe you compressing them, and how much? For a more balanced mix you might want to bring some of the guitars down a little bit. It's sounding pretty good though, I like it.

Subranis

Reaction score
I like the guitar tones, they sound really chunky to me. In terms of tone, the only thing I'm hearing the sounds a bit off to me is some of the cymbal hits. ARe you compressing them, and how much? For a more balanced mix you might want to bring some of the guitars down a little bit. It's sounding pretty good though, I like it.

I probably could've laid back a bit on the drum compression now that I look at it.
I'm boosting it about 15 db and have the threshold pulled really tight, at about a 5:1 ratio. Attack and release are both at about 12 ms.
I'll probably end up separating the cymbals from the rest of the kit, as I compressed them all together.

Thanks for the comment!

')