Sell me on circle k strings.

• Thread starter Mordecai
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordecai

Reaction score
do they have a longer life than a "prepackaged" set? i see a lot of you using them on here. whats the hype about?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Better tone on the low strings, singles pricing is no more expensive than the premade sets, and they offer a wide range of gauges complete with published tension data so you can choose logical sets for your tunings as opposed to the imbalanced sets most companies offer.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
do they have a longer life than a "prepackaged" set? i see a lot of you using them on here. whats the hype about?

Tell us what guitar/tunings you are using, we'll recommend a pack, the strings will sell themselves. I'm not sure how he does it, but its a small operation that can produce every string gauge imaginable, has no dealer network, and their user base continues to rapidly grow.

Joshua

6 Strings Only
Reaction score
When I got my recent 8 string, the guy I traded with included some Circle K's which I had never tried before. Really loving them. The clarity on the lower notes beats D'Addarios in my opinion. And they feel great

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
About to go out on a limb myself and order a custom set and try them out.
Ive been looking for a good company that manages to make strings that have the tone that D'Addario's have, but also have the nice relaxed feel of Ernie Balls. I really love the tone that D'Addario's have, but the strings feel really aggressive on my fingers in comparison to Ernie Balls.

Will give my personal opinion when they get here in the next week or so.

rockskate4x

rockskate4x
Reaction score
i switched from 10-52+70 d'addario on my seven to CircleK 10-65. I wasn't expecting to be able to tune as low as i did with the previous set. Not only was I able to tune lower than i had expected, but it sounded clearer and felt tighter even though the CK and D'addario tension charts tell me otherwise. The feel and the tone can't be beat for down tuning and ERG applications! :hbang:

Reaction score
Alrighty, I want to try Circle K. How about I get a set recommended to me? I'm currently using whatever came out of the box on my LTD SC-T607B.

AEADF#BE on a 27".

I'm gonna guess the Light Top .010 to .067 set?

Mordecai

Reaction score
i use a 10-64 set on my 26.5" guiar in Drop G#, i used to use 11-70 but i felt it to be a bit of overkill. so i want to try like a 10-65/66 set maybe.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna go out and try them out when my strings die on me. Probably around next month. I hope they're really worth it cuz I'm gonna buy a year's worth of strings so the shipping price is worth it.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
I wasn't super impressed by them. Initially I liked the 'roundness' in tone they produced but they just didn't last as long (tone wise) as my trusted Ernie Balls.

Dakotaspex

The Uniballer
Reaction score
Can you string a fixed bridge instrument with them? No "through body stringing" is said on the site, and that's a tad confusing to me.

bcfox

Reaction score
Can you string a fixed bridge instrument with them? No "through body stringing" is said on the site, and that's a tad confusing to me.

That's mostly regarding the higher gauge bass strings. I have no problems with the .070 on my through bridge. You can shoot Skip an email to make sure it won't be an issue before ordering.

As for the OP, give them a go. Like everyone else has said, the tone is phenomenal. They feel great, and I've gotten great life out of them so far. I'd read over the site and maybe email Skip before ordering as his gauges don't always line up with everyone else's. It has something to do with how he winds if I remember correctly that ends up with a slightly thicker string. I ended up with .010-.070 rather than my usual .010-.066.

Chuck

Reaction score
Alrighty, I want to try Circle K. How about I get a set recommended to me? I'm currently using whatever came out of the box on my LTD SC-T607B.

AEADF#BE on a 27".

I'm gonna guess the Light Top .010 to .067 set?

67-70 for the A, otherwise good.

But what in the hell is that F# doing in there?

vick1000

Reaction score
Does anyone else get a security warning about an invalid certificate, when they try to checkout at Circle K?

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
They sound fucking awesome. I doubt I will ever use strings from anywhere else again. They just feel so right, and the .70 on my Ab is clear as a bell. I absolutely love them. I have recommended them to everyone I know who plays.

bcfox

Reaction score
Does anyone else get a security warning about an invalid certificate, when they try to checkout at Circle K?

Yeah, and I can't remember the details as to the why. It was something asinine if I remember correctly. All of your info is handled through Paypal.

Latest posts

')