Sell me your 7 string, Ive got 550.00

• Thread starter DevourTheDamned
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevourTheDamned

Fossicker
Reaction score
I want something with active pups, or an x2n or any guitar that you feel is suitable for prog. death metal. and Floyd Rose, original is preferred but licensed is fine too, or anything with an Edge, those are so smooth its unreal >.< would be nice. pm me and let me know if you ahve something, or if you happen to have a guitar that only needs some sweet pups that you want to get rid of for cheap enough that Ill still have enough left over for pups [around 300-350 is good for a guitar with crap pups.] just let me know everything youve got :D a schecter blackjack might be ok, or an ibanez 7420-7320 or something like that, something with a mahogany body and a blade 5-way pup selector is good too, haha. [im getting awfully selective now XD] basically the perfect thing for me right now is someone wanting to give me a 7320 for a really really nice price ;]
The sound I want out of it is as close to the Necrophagist tone as I can get, I LOVE their tone. [and if anyone knows what type of distortion or pedals they use to achieve that, please let me know]
I live in Houston, TX and like I said in the title I have $550 to spend, I just need to feel around to see if there is anything cheaper and just as good as the Loomis, because Im WAY too impatient to wait for enough money to get it. lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

innerself86

Reaction score
I want something with active pups, or an x2n or any guitar that you feel is suitable for prog. death metal. and Floyd Rose, original is preferred but licensed is fine too, or anything with an Edge, those are so smooth its unreal >.< would be nice. pm me and let me know if you ahve something, or if you happen to have a guitar that only needs some sweet pups that you want to get rid of for cheap enough that Ill still have enough left over for pups [around 300-350 is good for a guitar with crap pups.] just let me know everything youve got :D a schecter blackjack might be ok, or an ibanez 7420-7320 or something like that, something with a mahogany body and a blade 5-way pup selector is good too, haha. [im getting awfully selective now XD] basically the perfect thing for me right now is someone wanting to give me a 7320 for a really really nice price ;]
The sound I want out of it is as close to the Necrophagist tone as I can get, I LOVE their tone. [and if anyone knows what type of distortion or pedals they use to achieve that, please let me know]
I live in Houston, TX and like I said in the title I have $550 to spend, I just need to feel around to see if there is anything cheaper and just as good as the Loomis, because Im WAY too impatient to wait for enough money to get it. lol.

Spend a little more and get a Dean Razorback 7! :shred:

Dean Razorback 7 string electric 255 Black/Yellow MINT! - eBay (item 200217281644 end time Apr-25-08 08:17:36 PDT)

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Necrophagist uses the Engl SE...even more expensive than the powerball. Unfortunately, I don't have any thing to offer up. But, I thought I'd let you know! :)

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
He'd be better off with a loomis. they're about that price used and they come with real briges on them and not a trace of dean's cashgrab attitude :yesway:

+1 If you were to go a little over your limit of $550 you could grab one of these. You'll probably have to grab one on the bay or new, because I doubt anyone on here is going to want to let theirs go! :lol:

You should be able to get a really clear tone for the stuff you're wanting to do out of one of those. Plus, it's got actives. :)

If not that, you could always see about picking up a used 7421 or 7621. Those get sold quite often and most people have switched out the pickups already. So you could get one for a pretty nice price.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
+1 If you were to go a little over your limit of $550 you could grab one of these. You'll probably have to grab one on the bay or new, because I doubt anyone on here is going to want to let theirs go! :lol:

You should be able to get a really clear tone for the stuff you're wanting to do out of one of those. Plus, it's got actives. :)

If not that, you could always see about picking up a used 7421 or 7621. Those get sold quite often and most people have switched out the pickups already. So you could get one for a pretty nice price.

If you were looking to get a cheap 7, a 7421 is pretty hard to beat for 250-350$. but most that you see dont come with actives

DevourTheDamned

Fossicker
Reaction score

Ehh, thanks but that thing is out of my range, If I had that much I would already be after a Loomis, lol:metal:, Deans just arent my thing and I agree with MetalKen, none of that cashgrabbing bull, its for n00bs whos entire business rides within the soul on a SINGLE innovative guitarist :bowdown:[rip Dime].

Thanks for the info on the Necrophagist tone too guys, once I graduate this year I should be getting a crap ton of money, so I now know where its going :shred:

I heard also that the Necrophagist tone has alot to do with the wiring of their pickups, whats that all about?

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Necrophagist tone too guys, once I graduate this year I should be getting a crap ton of money, so I now know where its going :shred:

I heard also that the Necrophagist tone has alot to do with the wiring of their pickups, whats that all about?

Man you must be getting A LOT of money from graduation if that will let you afford an SE...:eek:

Well, Muhammed uses EMGs. And he only has a single volume control and a 3-way toggle on his guitar. So I'm not really sure of that many different ways you can wire those up.

neon_black88

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought they used powerballs for something. Well thats probably the next closest thing to that tone anyway. Good for you if you can afford an SE :lol:

DevourTheDamned

Fossicker
Reaction score
Well wait, how much are the SE's?
And I could have sworn to balls that Muhammed was rocking some humbuckers in the videos I was watching...
what the eff??

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Well wait, how much are the SE's?
And I could have sworn to balls that Muhammed was rocking some humbuckers in the videos I was watching...
what the eff??

EMGs are Humbuckers....

Also, Engl SEs new in the US are $3,739.00

DevourTheDamned

Fossicker
Reaction score
Oh well the SE isnt that bad then, Im anticipating something in that range. XD
I know they're humbuckers, lol, I just refer to anything that doesnt have that EMG box cover thingy on it as a humbucker unless its a single coil. haha.
and thats what I thought I saw, just some simple Duncans maybe...hm...

...bumpasaurus rex

itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score
It doesn't have Floyd Rose, but I do have a new LTD Viper 407 for sale. Let me know.

DevourTheDamned

Fossicker
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but the mods can go ahead an lock this thread up! I just bought my loomis from another guy on here!! so iiiiim broke XD
thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')