Selling music without permission

• Thread starter linchpin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

linchpin

Specter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just told recently that two sites have put up my music on sale when in fact I made them available free as a download, they never approached me even though they know how... I have sent them a message via their contact and still no reply... I don't have a legal team or anything like that who would deal with this and this is my first time coming across anything like it... has anyone dealt with anything similar to this before? or is this more common :ugh:

Ex Machina Neurodancer (EP) mp3 music download | megaboon.com

Neurodancer (EP) Ex Machina mp3

And they say Piracy is bad... selling free music, now THAT'S stealing.:noplease:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Uncreator

Control The Sun
Reaction score
A few of these have popped up here before. Horribly unfortunate but I am unsure if anyone was able to resolve anything.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
The Russian site I am going to say you have 0 luck with, and the .com may respond to professional toned emails, but honestly - who is going to buy music from a sketchy site like that? I don't know anyone who buys any digital music from sites besides iTunes, amazon and CD Baby so I wouldn't be too worried :2c:

AlexEdwards

Reaction score
Happened with my band as well. I was initially pissed off, however it didn't really affect much as I don't think anyone really bought it through there for reasons that were previously mentioned. (being sketch, foreign, etc.)

Wouldn't even worry about it man

')