Selling Off All My Rico Jr 7s (Never Thought This Day Would Come...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just thinning the herd a bit, going to sell 2 and keep the 2 remaining. These guitars are not store stock, but rather my personal arsenal of guitars I've adored and cherished every single day since I got them (one of which I ordered before I became a dealer). I've literally dreamed about them, that's how much I love each and every one of these. They're my most prized possessions. They've been all I ever used live or in the studio and have been extremely babied. Each one is pretty mint, though I will be going over each one again to make sure there's not anything tiny I'm missing.

I'll do my best to give a brief overview of all the specs and provide pics as well, though you can search and find that all these guitars have a dedicated thread I made for them with tons of pics (I'll post links later on in the thread).

These guitars are all handmade Vixen 7-strings in four different finishes: metallic purple, snow white, gun metal gray, and transparent red quilt. They all are loaded with Bare Knuckle pickups and have ebony boards with no inlays. All have mahogany bodies with maple necks except for the red one which is all mahogany w/ a quilted maple top. All have black neck binding except the white one. They all come with locking tuners, straplocks, and the original cases. Additionally, they'll be setup to the buyers exact preferences free of charge (including free strings of choice).

Rundown:

Guitar #1: Vixen 7 (purple)

Mahogany wings
Maple neck-thru
Ebony board
24 frets
Sperzel Locking Tuners
Metallic Purple finish
Shred neck profile
BKP 'Rebel Yell 7' pickup (direct mount)
Tone Pros Fixed Bridge
Elixir Strings (current tuning: B)
DiMarzio ClipLocks (purple)

-==Original thread w/ pics==-

Guitar #2: Vixen 7 (quilt blood red)

Mahogany wings
Mahogany neck-thru
Ebony board
24 frets
Sperzel Locking Tuners
Quilted maple top (1/4") & headstock
Transparent Blood Red finish
Shred neck profile
BKP 'Painkiller 7' pickup (direct mount)
Tone Pros Fixed Bridge
Elixir Strings (current tuning: A)
DiMarzio ClipLocks (red)

-==Original thread w/ pics==-

Guitar #3: Vixen 7 (gun metal gray) --> SOLD!

Mahogany wings
Maple neck-thru
Ebony board
24 frets
Sperzel Locking Tuners
Gun metal gray finish
Shred neck profile
BKP 'Holydiver' pickup (direct mount)
Tone Pros Fixed Bridge
Elixir Strings (current tuning: A)
DiMarzio ClipLocks (air force gray)

-==Original thread with pics (pre-BKP install)==-

Guitar #4: Snow White (gun metal gray)

Mahogany wings
Maple neck-thru
Ebony board (w/ white binding)
24 frets
Grover Mini Locking Tuners
Snow White finish (the brightest white ever, practically florescent)
Shred neck profile
BKP 'Warpig' (bridge) and 'Miracle Man' (neck), 3-way toggle
Tone Pros Fixed Bridge
Elixir Strings (current tuning: B)
DiMarzio ClipLocks (white)

-==Original Thread w/ pics (pre-BKP/locking tuners)==-

I really don't know what to ask for these. I'm sure I could get a more on eBay or something but I'd love to see these go to someone here and I'm willing to give a good deal. Feel free to make an offer, but here goes: (keep in mind BKPs were installed on my own dime after paying for the guitars and that these are all minty):

Metallic Purple: $1999
Gun Metal Gray: $1999 --> SOLD!
Blood Red Quilt: $2399
Snow White: $1799

I will ship worldwide and again will offer free setup/tech services. I want you to get these exactly how you'd want them. I accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Money Orders, or wires. I am currently a Rico dealer and have a storefront in the Boston area if anyone would like to come try these out in person.

Feel free to email, call, or PM me anytime 24-7 if you have any questions, concerns, need specific photos taken, etc. I know the Vixen shape isn't for everyone, but these are all incredible incredible guitars that play and sound flawlessly. Very comfortable to play both live and sitting down. Light-weight. Perfect fretwork. Everything.

With a heavy heart,

Nick
The Axe Palace
nick[at]axepalace[d0t]com

01.jpg

24.jpg

20.jpg

Vixen2%20035.jpg

Vixen2%20047.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep this thread for serious inquires into purchasing one of these bad boys. Anything else - do it via PM.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Gun Metal Gray one is sold, thank you. Yikes that was fast. The other three available still.

PS: Thanks Rick, guys. I did see the posts and appreciate it. Anyone is welcome to PM, email, or call.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wish I was into this shape
the white one has an unbelievable neck on it
and the red one sounds thunderous:shred:

Thanks Nick. If anyone else is curious, Nick here has played all of my Vixens so he can definitely help if you want a 2nd opinion.

if i wasn't about to drop a boatload of $$$ on a Tom Anderson 7 string, that purple Vixen would be mine already. good luck with the sale(s).

That's too bad, the purple one is incredible but I'm sure you'll dig the TA as well :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:bump: These are still available. I'm going to sell one more and likely keep the 2 that remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.