Semi-accidental First build

Noobtuber1995

Reaction score
Well, I've been dreaming about building my own guitar for quite some time now and reading all these build threads doesn't help.

Now it's begun, then. My first build. I think it'll be an eight, maybe a seven.
All I really know at this point is that it'll be made out of birch and rosewood. Cause I got a good deal on those with my father-in-law-to-be-one-day-maybe's contacts. The wood cost me nada, zero, silch. :fawk:

I'll post some pics on the wood in the next couple of days but I'll leave an early plan here. Don't be afraid to give me constructive criticism on it. ;)

Attachments

• path9893.png
    path9893.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 115

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noobtuber1995

Reaction score
Oh, and click the picture twice to open it in another tab. The SSO pic viewer seems to show just a black picture with some red lines. :wallbash:

Noobtuber1995

Reaction score
It'll be multilaminated beyond belief. It'll be made out of some countertopstyle birch board. And then two layers of that multilaminated board on top of each other. :lol:

Noobtuber1995

Reaction score
So I got the final drawing together and hope to start on the body tomorrow. Any tips or tricks? Anything I should pay attention to in the body design?

I'm torn between a nice mocha brown finish an doing a nice orange/red nuclear burst. And I hope to make the pickguard out of some carbon fiber textured material. Any leads on such? Preferably from Europe.

For the hardware I'm set on using the Technology4Musicians headless hardware.

And for pickups maybe a covered set of Seymour Duncan Sentient/Pegasus.

Dig it or not? Why, why not?

Attachments

• Kitaraalku.png
    Kitaraalku.png
    433.7 KB · Views: 51

Noobtuber1995

Reaction score
Progress!

So yes, I cut the body roughly. It turned out pretty nice, the only real problem being the belly cut area, but that's where I'll make the belly cut anyhow :lol:
Good for me right?

T'was a pain in the arse to try to cut along the line with the jig saw. Luckily my Father-in-law-to-be-one-day-who-knows walked in and brought me the makita belt sander. Super easy to use.

I'm nearly settled on the dark chocolatey/mocha finish with gold hardware. Most likely stain, for I thoroughly enjoy the look of the laminated birch. And I might have the colour scheme done like this guitar Technology for Musicians: visit our gallery. (Michael Sankey seven string) with the dark brown just on top and back and sides the colour of the nearly-white birch and I'd like the brown to be a bit like Nugz Blacky Wolf, maybe with a hint of a burst with darker brown on the edges and lighter in the middle part.

Also, I think I'd like the scratchplate to be carbon fibre or something in the style of that. But I hear the material is conductive. Would I need to lacquer it or something? Any experience with it?

Attachments

• 20140623_004.jpg
    20140623_004.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 29
  • 20140623_008.jpg
    20140623_008.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20140623_009.jpg
    20140623_009.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140623_007.jpg
    20140623_007.jpg