Send me some sick band name suggestions!

• Thread starter RG7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RG7

Reaction score
quickly! before the fog rolls in!

My new band needs a new name.

We play metal that sounds like despised icon and meshuggah mixed together with neoclassical and jazz roots.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Howsabout I let you guys go through the same process my band is currently going through, and let you guys come up with 100 names and try to pick one :lol:

(My band hasn't had a name in the month+ we've been together)

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Necrotic Sarcoma of the Vaginal Mucous Membranes.

Just do what Carcass did and dig out a medical dictionary and take random stuff that sounds gross :lol:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i always try to find names that fit the music and project altogether as closely as possible. my dark and murky music will go under the name Aleutian Grey. the name just really sets the mood, ya know?

some bands have entirely unfitting names, while some have brilliant ones that really feel like a description of the music. Cannibal Corpse pretty much sums up their music too.

so really dig deep and figure out what kind of stuff comes out of your band. which kind of mood and attitude does it make? is it just brutal? is it thoughtful as well? does it have a dark and negative or a positive uplifting energy?

TesseracT is such a perfect name for the band, for example. the music is full of polymeters here and there, and has rigid rhythm patterns with layered drones of clean stuff over it, and the result really fits with the idea of the geometrical figure of a TesseracT, being this "impossible" thing and stuff... while at the same time being really really emotional and moving at the same time.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Tooth Grinder

Internal Decapitation. that's when your spinal column is snapped/cut off because of a violent movement, like a massive whiplash in a car accident. your brain is cut off from the rest of the body from being pulled off by the force of the crash.

Wikipedia is a nice place to find interesting stuff. i like looking for mental conditions and psychological phenomena that intrigue me, and then use that as inspiration and names for songs.

Heeboja

Crazy Finn that is
Reaction score
Parangory
It has to start with a P and has to have an R somewhere in there. That was the only one I could thing :D . Doesn't mean anything.

')