Sending 125v to 6505+, safe?

Thisisthewill

He is who he is.
Reaction score
My power cord to the ol' 6505+ 112 combo (converted to a head :hbang:) went missing at a gig last weekend, and I just got around to replacing it for the next upcoming gig. Trouble is, the cord seems like it's rated to run at 125v, but the 6505+ says it needs 150v. Would I break something in the 6505 if I used the aftermarket cord?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

klutvott

Reaction score
That can't be right. It probably says that the power consumption is 150 WATTS. If you're in the US i think the voltage in your wall outlet is 120v AC so you should be fine.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't draw voltage like you do current, voltage is fixed depending on the source, and your amp being as you are an American will run very safely between 110-125V I would imagine.

Forget what the cable says, it'll be fine. I don't know what cable grounding is like in the states these days, but you definitely want your amp grounded.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I used many random chords with my tube gears over the years and never had any problems