September Dimarzio 7 sale! Back to school savings! :)

• Thread starter ecalcagnino
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks bro. All I can say is that in my RG7CT it is amazing. This is the first time I put one of those in a mahogany guitar. It will NOT be the last. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Thanks bro. All I can say is that in my RG7CT it is amazing. This is the first time I put one of those in a mahogany guitar. It will NOT be the last. :)

Dude, that makes me even MORE excited. Woot! :hbang: I'm glad it works in mahogany. Does it still have the cut and bite of the regular Blaze?

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, great bite, but it's a little different. It a bit more smooth in the mids. I dunno, you can only describe a pickup just so well before all meaning is gone. :)

avery

2027: now with trem!
Reaction score
I might have to pick up one of the Blaze Customs for the bridge of my 2027 too.. Are they any good in the neck, or would I be better off going with the Air Norton or something?

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
avery said:
I might have to pick up one of the Blaze Customs for the bridge of my 2027 too.. Are they any good in the neck, or would I be better off going with the Air Norton or something?

The Blaze Custom is a bridge pickup... I don't see it being good at all in the neck (too high-powered).

The AN7 smokes in the neck of the RG2027, tho ;)

Doctor J

I Don't Own An Ibanez 7!
Reaction score
Great stuff, thanks Eric. Getting a TZ7 and AN7 for my H-207 though I might see how they sound in my C7 Blackjack (if it ever arrives :( )

avery

2027: now with trem!
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
The Blaze Custom is a bridge pickup... I don't see it being good at all in the neck (too high-powered).

The AN7 smokes in the neck of the RG2027, tho ;)

Yeah, I thought the custom was a bridge pickup, but wasn't entirely sure since there isn't a specific blaze custom neck, and blaze custom bridge.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll pick one up with an AN7 in the next couple of weeks... I've got an EVO7 in there now, but it sounds a little thin for rhythm stuff, which is what i do 90% of the time.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I have a TON of others coming in that will be here next week. Thanks for all the orders so far, guys! :yesway:

As for 7s on hand, ready to ship today even, I have 3-EVO7s, 1-PAF7 and 1-Blaze bridge all in black. You guys picked though the inventory pretty well!

Thanks again! :metal:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm still doing some research on the tones and whatnots. i checked out the dimarzio tone chart things, and it seems that my Blazes are pretty scooped. i definitely want to go AN7 for the neck, but i'm still debating on the bridge.

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
i'm still doing some research on the tones and whatnots. i checked out the dimarzio tone chart things, and it seems that my Blazes are pretty scooped. i definitely want to go AN7 for the neck, but i'm still debating on the bridge.

I recently did the same research and settled on the Blaze Custom. It's a matter of taste, of course, but the Tone Zone sounded too muddy to me, Blaze Bridge sounded too scooped, Evo7 I figured would be too bright, and the PAF7 was too weak to pair with the AN7 I had already decided on for the neck. For me the Blaze Custom was the perfect choice, and man, let me tell you, it sounds great! If I could describe it in one word it would have to be "balanced". Following that it's also slightly warm. A good all around bridge pickup.

Although this guy doesn't have samples for all 7-string Dimarzios, he has some that are useful:

http://www.oficina.eti.br/serj/en/tools/Patrocinador1.htm

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
giannifive said:
I recently did the same research and settled on the Blaze Custom. It's a matter of taste, of course, but the Tone Zone sounded too muddy to me, Blaze Bridge sounded too scooped, Evo7 I figured would be too bright, and the PAF7 was too weak to pair with the AN7 I had already decided on for the neck. For me the Blaze Custom was the perfect choice, and man, let me tell you, it sounds great! If I could describe it in one word it would have to be "balanced". Following that it's also slightly warm. A good all around bridge pickup.

Although this guy doesn't have samples for all 7-string Dimarzios, he has some that are useful:

http://www.oficina.eti.br/serj/en/tools/Patrocinador1.htm

like he said

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, all pups that have been ordered will ship Friday. :hbang: I got a bunch more in so I'll update the inventory when I confirm here that all have been shipped. Thanks to all that have participated so far. :yesway:

Also, I am working on getting a different distributor for Dimarzios. They place I go through now is too slow for my taste and it's not fair to you guys. More updates on this hopefully by Friday, too. Peace out.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I was originally just doing 7s but I'll do 6s, too. :yesway: Just email me and we can work out the details. Thanks!

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, everyone that had anything on order, they went out today. :yesway: In stock for 7s I have:

5 - TZs
2 - AN7s
2 - PAF7s
1 - Blaze Custom

Come and get 'em! :metal:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
hey eric! did you get my email? my email program is a bit buggy sometimes.

i was looking for a Blaze Custom, AN7, and some electronics for wiring a coil tap.
leon at wildealien dot com

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
')