Septum piercings...

• Thread starter 7deadlysins666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im just curious if anyone here has this done. I've never been into piercings, other than I used to have two in my left ear before I started my previous job. The holes have closed up now....Anyway, I have always wanted my septum done, and I have been thinking about it for a long time now. However its not something I would like to show all the time. I have heard that it is fairly easy to conceal with either a retainer, or the barbel that they use to pierce it. My new job is a call center, and they have nothing against piercings, but like I said its just something I would not want to show 24/7.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My girlfriend has one, and it is amazingly easy to hide. You don't even have to get a special retainer either, a simple circular barbell will work just fine, you just tuck it up into your nose. It's a lot easier and more comfortable than it sounds. The aftercare is really easy too. She said it didn't hurt too bad either.

I've been considering getting one for the past few months as well.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I think Thin Ice has one. But yeah, if you want to hide it I've seen quite a few people hide theirs for a long time buy just simply flipping the barbell (must be circular :lol:) up into their nose.

Granted, if you sneeze your cover is probably blown...

No pun intended :ugh:

sethmetal

Reaction score
I've had mine for about two years now.
It is now stretched to a 0g, which when wearing a plug in it is virtually unnoticeable.

But when it was at a smaller size (16g-8g) which are average sizes as far as this piercing goes, when wearing a circular barbell or pincher flipped up, it is completely hidden.

And don't worry about sneezing or anything, it won't just fall down on you.

Just make sure who ever pierces it, whether it be a piercer registered with the APP, or yourself, will for sure get it STRAIGHT.
I did mine myself those two years ago and luckily it turned out perfect, while I've had friends who got theirs done at quite reputable shops and they ended up crooked either vertically or horizontally. And nobody wants a crooked septum.

I would recommend piercing at a smaller size, 18g or 16g, and stretch to a 12g or so. The stretching will naturally straighten the piercing usually if it is slightly crooked.

Any more questions about it just PM me. I am a bottomless pit of piercing info! haha

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
I think Thin Ice has one. But yeah, if you want to hide it I've seen quite a few people hide theirs for a long time buy just simply flipping the barbell (must be circular :lol:) up into their nose.

Granted, if you sneeze your cover is probably blown...

No pun intended :ugh:
Yep, still got mine.

I wouldn't encourage anyone not to do it. It's such an easy piercing, all the usual gunk and shit you get with a fresh ring is gone within about a week. I hide mine for work and when I'm around my Mom because she hates it, it's easy.

Only word of warning I'd give is make sure you have it pierced fairly high up and forward if you want to hide it. I know people who can't hide theirs because they're too low down, so be wary of that.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i had one, did it myself about 17 years ago lol. i dont have it anymore. kept it in for about a month or 2.

virus5150

Reaction score
i've had mine since i was 15. Thy are very concealable, just get black jewelry and flip it up, and its not noticeable. I hav a 2 gauge in there now and its not even noticeable. Just get it done by a piercer you trust.

MickD7

Reaction score
i got mine done about 2 months ago man, they are dead easy to clean and take care of. I had a bit of bruising but thats because i smacked it at work by accident on a speaker. I would suggest to anyone get it done, my girlfriend has one also. I would also suggest not to get it done when you are sick as i had mine done when i had a cold and that slowed the healing process down, however since having it down i have found my hay fever isnt as bad because i keep an eye on it one could only imagine how disgusting it would be to get infected. If you find a good piercer or if any of your friends now a good piercer they will tell you that it is completely easy to hide. I work as an Audio Tech in corporate audio so lots of professional doctors,lawyers,actors,politicians gigs and dinners were my company has a strictly no visible piercing and tattoo policy. But just remember to them its out of sight out of mind. so yeah dude go for it.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I want one. I have a job that doesnt care about tattoos and piercings, so I can go buckwild.

darbdavys

Reaction score
My girlfriend has one, and it is amazingly easy to hide. You don't even have to get a special retainer either, a simple circular barbell will work just fine, you just tuck it up into your nose. It's a lot easier and more comfortable than it sounds. The aftercare is really easy too. She said it didn't hurt too bad either.

I've been considering getting one for the past few months as well.
well, of course it's easy to hide piercings which are in your heart :agreed: :D

Latest posts

')