Set-Neck Fenders?

• Thread starter RLG167
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RLG167

Reaction score
Does anyone know if/where I can find a set-neck Fender? I just got a Special Edition Tele Custom FMT HH and I love it, but I'm wondering if Fender makes set-neck guitars regularly, or if I have to wait for another special edition line to come out?
Thanks, RG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They've made several set-neck models in the past. Including the FMT you mention they had a few similar Esquire models such as the Celtic and Scorpion models as well as multiple Showmaster models.

Currently, they only have the Merle Haggard Tele and and Jim Adkins models.

downburst82

Reaction score
Damn I had only ever seen pictures of the front of the Merle Haggard Tele, I never realized it was neck thru. That thing is beautiful!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn I had only ever seen pictures of the front of the Merle Haggard Tele, I never realized it was neck thru. That thing is beautiful!

It's not neck through, but set-in. The maple center block isn't the same piece as the neck.

010-0402-803-3.JPG

The Scenic View

Reaction score
I have a Showmaster Strat HH and I love the heel on it. I'd love to pickup either the S-S-S variant or the HH Tele in the future.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I want a Merle Haggard tele so hard. Have for years now. Can't really justify the cost, though, especially not now that I'm primarily a bassist :lol:.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
What about the set neck strat they made for Blackmore, did they ever put that into larger production or was it just a custom for him?

exo

Reaction score
What about the set neck strat they made for Blackmore, did they ever put that into larger production or was it just a custom for him?

Did Fender actually make him one? I always thought that they were standard bolt on models that his tech just glued the necks in place? I would swear I read that, but it was years ago.....

xzacx

Reaction score
That two pickup Ritchie Blackmore might be the coolest Strat I've ever seen (that's coming from someone who doesn't like Strats, so my opinion might not count for much).

Latest posts

')