Setting the order of my pedals, help?

ATG_Guitarist

Reaction score
Hey Everybody.
I need an experts opinion on what order to set up my pedals and what might need to be on in front and what needs to go to the back in the loop and all that jazz.

I play in a metalcore style band and I am playing through a Peavey 5150 with a schecter C-1+ guitar with Seymour Duncan pick-ups.

My pedals are as follows:
- Boss TU-2 (Tuner)
- Boss PS-5 (Pitch Shifter)
- Boss NS-2 (Noise Suppressor)
- Boss DD-7 (Delay)
Behringer PB100 (Preamp Booster)
- Behringer DC9 (Dynamics Compressor)
- Ibanez TS808 (Overdrive)

Thanks ahead for any and all help :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sugarman

Reaction score
Boss TU-2 -> Boss NS-2 -> Behringer DC9 -> Ibanez TS808 -> Behringer PB100 -> 5150 front
5150 send ->
Boss DD-7 ->5150 return
I think you should put the ns-2 also in the loop . google the ns-2 x pattern.

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
Boss TU-2 -> Boss NS-2 -> Behringer DC9 -> Ibanez TS808 -> Behringer PB100 -> 5150 front
5150 send ->
Boss DD-7 ->5150 return

This is good. The pitch shifter could go either in front or the FX loop, depends if you want the signal altered before or after if goes through the pre-amp; play around with it and see what effect you like best. Also, if you aren't using all these pedals at once, I wouldn't bother having them all plugged into your amp. Most of these won't have a true bypass, you are going to lose some of your signal going to the amp. Obviously keep them there if you actually use them all, but if not, might as well avoid clutter and have your signal as clean as possible.

Shor

Reaction score
I kinda agree with the above, apart from the compressor placement. Doesn't it make more sense keeping the compressor in front of the NS-2?

ATG_Guitarist

Reaction score
5150 send ->
Boss DD-7 ->5150 return

So I need to switch the NS-2 and the DC-9 in what you stated?
And if I put the NS-2 in the X pattern in the loop with the DD-7, how exactly would that be wired?

')