Seven-string Capo?

• Thread starter Krypteia713
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Krypteia713

Reaction score
Anybody know a Good Capo that will work on a seven-string guitar?I'm trying to find one that I can use for my schecter 007 BlackJack once it comes in.Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
wow, I totally forgot about using a capo on a 7.... I need to find out too...

Krypteia713

Reaction score
I hear ya man lol Im going nuts trying to figure this out because I use a Capo a lot.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've used my standard 6-string capo on my 7-string (Schecter Revenger-7) and it worked pretty well for the first few frets (not sure how many exactly, can't remember).

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Capos suck.

No, actually, I've got a Kaiser 6-string capo in my acoustic case I use for the occasional overdub,and I haven't tried in ages but I THINK you can get all 7 strings with it. Worst comes to worst, they make a classical-width capo which should work.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Capos suck.

No, actually, I've got a Kaiser 6-string capo in my acoustic case I use for the occasional overdub,and I haven't tried in ages but I THINK you can get all 7 strings with it. Worst comes to worst, they make a classical-width capo which should work.
those Kaisers work great on my RG7621 :yesway:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Aren't capos supposed to be for lamo's or something?

My grandma was getting on my case for not having a "kaberdacher" (kapo) for my folk guitar when she visited.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Look for one from a company called Bird of Paradise. Works every time. ;)

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
NegaTiveXero said:
I have a 12-String capo that works quite nicely on my seven.

...if you must use a capo, just get a twelve string capo. I haven't used a capo for ten years or more, but I'm still working on growing that extra finger for doing more colorful bar chords.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
Aren't capos supposed to be for lamo's or something?

My grandma was getting on my case for not having a "kaberdacher" (kapo) for my folk guitar when she visited.

Only if you think that picks, amps, pedals, effects and straps are for lamos as well. Anything that expands/augments your ability on your instrument is never a bad thing.

Well, aside from maybe the e-Bow. :D

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Capos are for the weak.

They are definitely NOT metal, and i'm amazed that Shannon has one in his possession.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I can bust out the capo and play chords that are impossible to fret without it, unless you've got a 12" long pointy finger with 12 joints in it, as well as superhuman barring skills. :fawk:

Capos are true.

[action=Chris]flexes[/action]

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
I can bust out the capo and play chords that are impossible to fret without it, unless you've got a 12" long pointy finger with 12 joints in it, as well as superhuman barring skills. :fawk:

Capos are true.

[action=Chris]flexes[/action]

If my pointy finger was like that, I wouldn't be a guitar player, I'd be real popular with the ladies, though!:cool:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: No shit.

capo_1.jpg

You'd be able to play this uber-rad F# rooted goodness though!

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
WEAK!

How many strings are on that guitar?

WEAK!

Now take off your mom's underwear and play the way nature intended without any of them there mechanical aids.

WEAK!

;)

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I hate capos.

But I did try a capo my bassist let me borrow. It was a 6-stringer capo, but it fit fine on my 7, so most will work. Just go to the store, pick up a 7, and see which capos work.

Chris said:
can bust out the capo and play chords that are impossible to fret without it, unless you've got a 12" long pointy finger with 12 joints in it, as well as superhuman barring skills.

In other words, Steve Vai. Damn that guy has long fingers...

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
darren said:
WEAK!

How many strings are on that guitar?

WEAK!

Now take off your mom's underwear and play the way nature intended without any of them there mechanical aids.

WEAK!
;)

I am not:

- Steve Vai
- Independently Wealthy
- Kroeker

Thus, I cannot afford a 7 string acoustic. :( And unless your amplifier is made of cheese, you're using a mechanical aide too. :fawk:

I don't use it for electrics very often, but on acoustics, all the time.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
My amplifier is a hollowed-out pumpkin powered by fireflies and recycled cow farts.

')