Seven-string Capo?

• Thread starter Krypteia713
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
I am not:

- Steve Vai
- Independently Wealthy
- Kroeker

Thus, I cannot afford a 7 string acoustic. :( And unless your amplifier is made of cheese, you're using a mechanical aide too. :fawk:

I don't use it for electrics very often, but on acoustics, all the time.

Umm, how much was the Ibanez AJ307CE? Not that much. There are a couple Russian manufacturers making sevens in acoustic for like $100 plus duties and shipping (like another $150). Plus there is now Gianini. :nono:

I don't want to hear the 'I'm too poor excuse!' :fawk:

Also, look at Django Reinhardt. Did he ever use a capo? ...and look at his fingers. :flame:

I don't use them, but only because I don't like to hastle around with them. I'd rather spend my money on picks, strings, cables, effects, amplifiers, guitars, basses, hookers, speaker cabinets, repairs, straplocks, etc. But different people have different techniques.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
First off, I'm not going to play a shitbox $100 acoustic, regardless if it's a seven or not. I have standards, sir.

Secondly, I just bought a hellraiser, so blow me. :fawk: If you want do donate to the "Get Chris A Sevenstring Acoustic Fund",
ss_donate.gif
this sucker at the top of the screen will shut me right up with the proper incentive. :D

I'd rather spend my money on picks, strings, cables, effects, amplifiers, guitars, basses, hookers, speaker cabinets, repairs, straplocks, etc.

They cost like $5. I bet you own an e-Bow!

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
Chris said:
First off, I'm not going to play a shitbox $100 acoustic, regardless if it's a seven or not. I have standards, sir.

Secondly, I just bought a hellraiser, so blow me. :fawk: If you want do donate to the "Get Chris A Sevenstring Acoustic Fund",
ss_donate.gif
this sucker at the top of the screen will shut me right up with the proper incentive. :D
wait...... you get the money?
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
explain!

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
Capos are for the weak.

They are definitely NOT metal, and i'm amazed that Shannon has one in his possession.

I use it on my acoustic at home from time to time. A REAL guitarist comes prepared for any playing situation, beeatch! :fawk:

[action=Shannon]farts in Darren's general direction.[/action]

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shannon said:
I use it on my acoustic at home from time to time. A REAL guitarist comes prepared for any playing situation, beeatch! :fawk:

[action=Shannon]farts in Darren's general direction.[/action]

[action=Chris]agrees with shannon and shakes his private pah-rts at Darren[/action]

[action=Chris]would like to clarify that he's shaking his own private parts at Darren, not shaking Shannon's private parts, because that would be kind of fucked up.[/action]

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Ibanez_fanboy said:
wait...... you get the money?
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
explain!

He does. Cause he runs the site. and he pays for it out of pocket.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
He does. Cause he runs the site. and he pays for it out of pocket.

Actually, I fund the site with my team of ethiopian midgets weaving together bits of broken guitar strings in my sweatshop in the basement. But don't tell anyone. :vince: You'd be amazed at how much those "starving" motherfuckers eat over the course of a week.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ibanez_fanboy said:
oh ok then.. i didnt know that

:lol: All that crap under my username is just for show. :wub:

It does have perks though. I mean, check it out, I have the Gay Purple Admin Dropdown Menu of Doom!

adminmenu.jpg

(See? I give you guys all the cool colors, and look what I'm left with... :rant: )

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
[action=Chris]would like to clarify that he's shaking his own private parts at Darren, not shaking Shannon's private parts, because that would be kind of fucked up.[/action]

Uhhh, ya think? :eek:
:lol:

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
Chris said:
or sexy..... :ugh: i mean.... hey guys whats goin on? i like women.... :fever:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:

What?! The AJ307 was a great guitar, regardless of the seven strings.
:scratch:

Chris said:
ss_donate.gif

I will as soon as I'm done donating to the 'Bostjan gets himself an Oni eight string fund' lol. I guess I'm here often enough that I have no real excuse for that one.

Chris said:
:ugh:

Umm, well, i do own a couple capos, just not a slightly-larger one for seven stringing. And they're more like $15, but i get your point. Most of the stuff I mentioned was in the $15 too though. I just don't use a capo.

You do realize that you are running a seven string guitar website, so I reserve the right to be a little surprised if you don't have a seven string acoustic, but you reserve the right to ban me from the site, so umm...

Chris is the man! Go Chris! :lol:

Krypteia713

Reaction score
hahahah Its amazing the crazy things we seven-stringers say when something as simple as a capo is mentioned.Anyway I think im gonna try that bird capo thing it looks awesome.Hope it can hold down 10-70 strings.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a kaiser 12-string capo and it works just fine. I use it for playing Hotel California on my RG2127X (And :fawk: to anyone who doesn't think Hotel California is :metal: )

Also, sometimes I use it only on the higher 5 strings to get a 'drop-D' sort of effect.

Hey Kevan, now that you're 'in' with AllParts... design a 7-string capo dude!!

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Krypteia713 said:
hahahah Its amazing the crazy things we seven-stringers say when something as simple as a capo is mentioned.Anyway I think im gonna try that bird capo thing it looks awesome.Hope it can hold down 10-70 strings.

I've used one from time to time on EVERY guitar and bass I've owned (just for shits and giggles mainly). The Bird of Paradise capo has never given me trouble. It's about $20, but it can handle just about anything.

Krypteia713

Reaction score
Shannon said:
I've used one from time to time on EVERY guitar and bass I've owned (just for shits and giggles mainly). The Bird of Paradise capo has never given me trouble. It's about $20, but it can handle just about anything.

Sounds awesome man.I'm gonna order one, thanks a lot for the help.

')