Seven String Strats and Teles...yep another update

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I've noticed even more talk on here about how cool seven string Strats and Teles would be so I thought I would let everyone in on where it all stands.

It stands about where it was last time. But this isn't a bad thing. It hasn't gone backward and USACG is still wanting to push forward. Remember USACG is a small shop and this will take time. But in all honesty we are way ahead of where I expected us to be when I first e-mailed them last summer. Also I just talked to Rob at USACG and he's hopeful after the turn of the year we can start really pushing towards putting these into production. We are very close really. Over the next few weeks I'm going to get a move on putting the final pieces together so we can get this all finalized.

A huge thanks to Scott for designing a great bridge for Telecasters, without it I doubt we could have done anything close to a traditional Tele. Thanks Scott.

So hopefully sometime fairly soon I will have some kind of announcement. I can't make any promises or set any timelines. But it is moving forward and I hope soon we can get some seven string strats and teles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
oh by the way, where were things last time?
linkage? quick recap of the status?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Right now I have seen the CAD renderings, which sadly I am not allowed to share to protect USACG's work, but they do look quite nice.

They have a basic list of options that will be offered, I can't share that either. Sorry.

Most of what is left is fine tuning it so it comes out really good.

There are some issues with finding pickups for them to use in setting up the sizes for pickup routes, I'm working on that. Also I need to find a pickguard source.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Right now I have seen the CAD renderings, which sadly I am not allowed to share to protect USACG's work, but they do look quite nice.

They have a basic list of options that will be offered, I can't share that either. Sorry.

Most of what is left is fine tuning it so it comes out really good.

There are some issues with finding pickups for them to use in setting up the sizes for pickup routes, I'm working on that. Also I need to find a pickguard source.

A set of 7 string single coils from Seymour Duncan's custom shop is ~$300

Pickups for Strat® - 7-String for Strat® - Seymour Duncan/Basslines

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
you can get a set of riograndes too, or shit, just buy a damn blaze middle. that works for the strat single. dunno about the tele though :shrug:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
OFFICIALLY?
I've heard that, but never seen it confirmed.
i really ought to get off my ass and shoot tim an email

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Ill be throwing down for a tele immediately. Many thanks to Scott for solving the bridge issue. Now I gotta get going with SD customshop for the pickups.

FortePenance

Reaction score
we need to pester EMG about EMGSA7s. The SAs are one of my favourite 6 string single coils.

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
yes, Rio Grandes are the only non-custom option, now that Anderson doesn't make their 7-string pickups anymore, and they sound great. Duncan Custom Shop will make 7-string strat single-coils and 7-string Tele bridge and neck pickups.

Also I need to find a pickguard source.
so would you be designing those from scratch, or would USACG design them but need someone else to make them? i'm curious because the exact body shape has a lot to do with how the pickguard should be shaped. what i mean is, the outline of the pickguard won't follow the outline of the body perfectly unless that pickguard was designed for that body shape.

if there are exact universal strat body profiles, that would make designing these pickguards way easier--just use the universal dimensions. but i know for teles, there have been several slight changes to the body over the last 50 years. i designed my tele pickguard by tracing the body profile so the pickguard would follow it exactly. so i'm wondering how these pickguards could be designed to be perfect without having one of the bodies in-hand to copy the outline.

Splees

splees
Reaction score
OH no, now the tele gas is starting up. I just sold that damn thing. GRRR. This is really great news though. I've been moving away from my other superstrat sevens and playing the fender sixer lately. I've always like teles more though. ahhh decisions.

I know you said you can't discuss the options, specs and design but these are supposed to be fairly true to the designs we all know, right?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes, Rio Grandes are the only non-custom option, now that Anderson doesn't make their 7-string pickups anymore, and they sound great. Duncan Custom Shop will make 7-string strat single-coils and 7-string Tele bridge and neck pickups.

Bare Knuckle makes seven string versions of their single coil pups as well.

Latest posts

')