Seven String Strats and Teles...yep another update

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
The downside wth using the Blazes as the template is this, who's actually going to use on their guitar? I have a feeling most people are going to go the RioGrande/BKP/Duncan Custom Shop route.

emphatically agree. not just because all those real single coils sound much better, but also because the Blaze is smaller not larger. if they do a Rio Grande-sized single coil route, you could still put a Blaze in there. but if they do a Blaze-sized route, then you can't use any other brand because they're too large to fit in that hole.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
emphatically agree. not just because all those real single coils sound much better, but also because the Blaze is smaller not larger. if they do a Rio Grande-sized single coil route, you could still put a Blaze in there. but if they do a Blaze-sized route, then you can't use any other brand because they're too large to fit in that hole.

Ahh, I didn't know that. :lol: Never mind.

emguitars

Reaction score
How about this one? I built it a couple of years ago.
Dscf0003.jpg

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
i had, but i totally forgot about that. nice find man!
it would be sweet if it wasnt just a fucking tele shaped stef7 lol. alot of people arent just jonesing for strat shape, but feel and sound. which is hard to come by

Swever

speed kills
Reaction score
It seems i dont fully understand... Are they going to offer strats and teles or just parts?
Are they going to offer one piece strat necks for 7 separately? This would be sooo great!

2emguitars: very very nice man! that's very close to what i want to have! did u build the neck by youself?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
It seems i dont fully understand... Are they going to offer strats and teles or just parts?
Are they going to offer one piece strat necks for 7 separately? This would be sooo great!

USACG will be offering parts. You have to do the assembly.

emguitars

Reaction score
2emguitars: very very nice man! that's very close to what i want to have! did u build the neck by youself?

Thanks, glad you like it. I built everything on that guitar myself, the body, neck, bridge, pickups. That was actually the second strat7 I built, if I can find a good shot of the first one I'll post it.
Eric.

Swever

speed kills
Reaction score
USACG will be offering parts. You have to do the assembly.

Great! :yesway: So will no fretboard necks be available?

Thanks, glad you like it. I built everything on that guitar myself, the body, neck, bridge, pickups. That was actually the second strat7 I built, if I can find a good shot of the first one I'll post it.
Eric.

:cool:

Btw maybe you have some samples of either one?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I doubt they'd sell you a neck without a fretboard, though.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Eric.

OK, Start building mine:

Seafoam Green, please, white pickguard. Done by Christmas? :lol:

Seriously, that is beautiful!:bowdown:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Eeeeh.... I mean the sigle piece necks, that do have no separate fretboard.

USACG - Custom Guitar and Bass Neck Pricing

They have the 6 string version available, and i'm wondering if 7 string will be...

All I can say is, I don't know. The big issue with these necks will be stability. If the necks aren't strong enough to handle the tension then they're worthless. If USACG ends up using graphite rods to stabilize these necks, a possibility, then I doubt one piece construction is even possible.

Swever

speed kills
Reaction score
Does the seventh sting really make so much difference?
And what's this graphite rod and why use it if it gives less stability than 'usual' one does?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Does the seventh sting really make so much difference?
And what's this graphite rod and why use it if it gives less stability than 'usual' one does?

Depends who you ask. :lol: Anyway some builders like KXK and Soloway and Carvin all reinforce the necks with graphite to make it more stable.

Here's a pic of a Soloway neck showing the graphite robs installed.

neck-2-700.jpg

')