Seven String Strats and Teles...yep another update

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I found the only pic I have of my original 7 string. Trans purple finish on alder with a maple cap, maple neck with rosewood board, hand wound pups and custom bridge.Sorry for the shitty picture quality, it's all I've got.
Eric.
first7.jpg

you win

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
God damn it, where's Drew?

Still around.

You know, I'm gradually cooling on the idea of a true seven string strat... Rather, I'd like something with strat-like specs, but more shred-oriented. An alder body, H-H with a push-pull coil tap and a three way, maple 22-fret (or 24 fret if I had to) neck and fretboard, and if I can' get a Wilkinson 7-string trem, then at least a Floyd of sorts.

I :wub: my strat, but I'd miss having humbuckers, too.

D

Desecrated

Still around.

You know, I'm gradually cooling on the idea of a true seven string strat... Rather, I'd like something with strat-like specs, but more shred-oriented. An alder body, H-H with a push-pull coil tap and a three way, maple 22-fret (or 24 fret if I had to) neck and fretboard, and if I can' get a Wilkinson 7-string trem, then at least a Floyd of sorts.

What about stacked humbuckers ?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Still around.

That's not a Strat foo!! :lol:

Actually this project, when completed, can get you close to that.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's not a Strat foo!! :lol:

Actually this project, when completed, can get you close to that.

So could an alder replacement body and two push/pull pots for his UV :lol:

On a side note that I don't think I posted publicly, we're working on getting Rio Grande to make tele pups for Scott's bridge :agreed:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:rofl: Your point? :fawk:

:shrug: I've already got one strat. It kicks ass. I'd rather have a second guitar as a seven that, while it can cop the Strat vibe, it also doesn't JUST have to be a strat. My strat sounds amazing, but even then I've spent a lot of time modding it to be something other than a pure strat - the Wilkinson and a graphite nut means it performs like a Floyd, the Lace Sensors are dead quiet like humbuckers, etc.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
God damn it Drew!! Unless a Strat has true single coil pickups and a trem that refuses to stay in tune and is at least 45 years old it's not a Strat!! Don't you ever go on the internets? :fawk:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score

False. It is not a Strat without a single in the neck and middle. Position 2 and 4 FTW. :wub:

Swever

speed kills
Reaction score
Hmm it makes me think about having four singles maybe? U can get a true single-coil sound in bridge, even two lol, as well as humbucking mode. But will humbucking mode work? What do u think?

')