Seven String Strats and Teles...yep another update

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm it makes me think about having four singles maybe? U can get a true single-coil sound in bridge, even two lol, as well as humbucking mode. But will humbucking mode work? What do u think?

It would work, bit I think you'd be better off with either a Rio Grande Tallboy or Muy Grande humbuckers. Both of which are two single coils in a humbucking configuation.

Rio Grande Electric Guitar Pickups - Sub Categories

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
False. It is not a Strat without a single in the neck and middle. Position 2 and 4 FTW. :wub:

Totally agree.

However, the JS1000-style control layout gives you that sound in the middle position with the coils tapped. It's a surprisingly versatile layout, easily my favorite all-in-one control setup.

Anyway, my Strat's not going anywhere. :wub:

Swever

speed kills
Reaction score
It would work, bit I think you'd be better off with either a Rio Grande Tallboy or Muy Grande humbuckers. Both of which are two single coils in a humbucking configuation.

Wow that's great! What's the difference between those two?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow that's great! What's the difference between those two?

The Tallboy has less output and is cleaner. The Muy Grande is louder and thicker.

Also I asked Tim Mills from Bare Knuckles if they do seven string singles and he said "not at the moment", So if you want a BKP single coil you'll have to go the rewind route.

Swever

speed kills
Reaction score
So anybody knows what's going on there? Has USACG started offering 7string necks? Their site is not updated so far.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Not yet.

Hopefully we'll be able to get it all finished before too much longer. We are fairly close.

I'll contact them soon and see what we can do to keep it moving forward.

EvolDerek

BEADGBEG
Reaction score
this is awesome, I would love a Vintage white 7 string strat with a bullet truss rod and a scalloped neck!!

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
It's moving slowly. USA Custom Guitars is great but they are small. I know they have CAD renderings for the bodies and necks and are working on the pickup and bridge routes. But I do not have date for when they will actually be for sale.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be curious what the pricing is going to look like on these as well. Any idea how much of an upcharge they're planning from their 'usual' parts for these?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I've shared pretty much everything I'm allowed to share. What I'm not allowed to share has not including any kind of pricing.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
As soon as I know anything I'll post here ASAP. I have the itch for a seven string Strat pretty bad right now. :lol:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, this is still alive? :lol:

Good god i'm happy i haven't wait for this to come to life before going custom.
It's been what, almost a year now since the idea came out and Eric first contacted USACG? I know these things take time and all... But i just can't understand it takes that much time. Creating CAD rendering and all that jazz can't be that long, can it? No matter the size of the shop, people have to understand the 7-strings guitar market and that there's many people ready to buy and make them companies get their investment back. Maybe i just don't have a clue... :shrug: :lol:

Anyway, I still hope this project will see the light! Keep it up Eric. :yesway:

flickoflash

BitchBoy
Reaction score
This sounds like a great idea !!!

First I want to introduce myself cause I am new here ,I am Flick & run the MyLesPaul forum & have dabbled in guitar building & design research including relicing & aging parts. If someone can please bring me up to speed on what happening here I believe I maybe able to lend a hand or maybe able to provide some help . I have a higher end 7 string Les Paul being built as well. I do have connections to a few custom pickup winders whom some you will hear quite a bit about in the next month due to a upcoming magazine issue & announcement . Also am good friends with some custom builders & K-T-S titanium in Japan ( whom make some killer titanium saddles & truss rods & such )

flickoflash

BitchBoy
Reaction score
As soon as I know anything I'll post here ASAP. I have the itch for a seven string Strat pretty bad right now. :lol:
How far away are we from seeing anything & also what was used to speck out the body & neck ?

7_string_wd_tremolo_chrome_b24775.jpg

WD guitars has the tradititional tremolo

')