Seven String Strats and Teles...yep another update

scottyfathead

Reaction score
If I could offer a 7 string Strat neck maple/rosewood 22 jumbo frets,1-7/8" wide with 12"radius finished in vintage tint nitrocellulose lacquer would there be any intrest?Below is not a 7 string but an example of my work.

133109708_o.jpg

133109327_o.jpg

133109579_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flickoflash

BitchBoy
Reaction score
How bout custom fender colors & sunburst bodies made of alder ??? can you do those as well ???

Where can you get 7 string single coil pickup covers ? Wish I could find a left handed tremolo ,I really love to do a 7 string SRV road worn

Reaction score
What about a guitar similar in specs to....

Model Name: Showmaster® 7-String HH (Hard-tail)
Model Number: 015-4430-(Color#)
Series: Custom Shop Contemporary Series
Body: Select Alder on: (806) Black, (837) Antique Burst,
Premium Ash on: (848) Teal Green Transparent, (861) Bing Cherry Transparent, (862) Cobalt Blue Transparent
Neck: Lightly Figured Maple, “C” Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Width @ Nut: 1.950”
Hardware: Chrome
Machine Heads: Fender/Schaller Deluxe Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
Bridge: Deluxe Hardtail 7-String Bridge
Pickguard: None
Pickups: 2 Special Design Seymour Duncan® Humbucking Pickups (Neck & Mid),
1 ‘59 “Trembucker” (Bridge)
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade, Special Switching:
Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucker; Position 2. Two Inside Single Coils; Position 3. Both Full Humbuckers; Position 4. Outer Neck Single Coil; Position 5. Full Neck Humbucker
Controls: Master Volume, Master “No-load” Tone Control
Strings: Fender Nickel Plated Steel Singles, .010, .013, .017, .032, .042, .052, .062
Unique Features: “Sleek” Strat Body Shape, Straplock Ready, Abalone Dot Position Inlays,
Dome “Tele” Knobs
Source: U.S. Fender Custom Shop

AND/OR

Model Name: Showmaster® 7-String HH (Deluxe Locking Trem)
Model Number: 015-4490-(Color#)
Series: Custom Shop Contemporary Series
Body: Select Alder on: (806) Black, (837) Antique Burst,
Premium Ash on: (848) Teal Green Transparent, (861) Bing Cherry Transparent, (862) Cobalt Blue Transparent
Neck: Lightly Figured Maple, “C” Shape,(Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Width @ Nut: 1.950”
Hardware: Chrome
Machine Heads: Sperzel Trim-Lok® Staggered Tuning Machines
Bridge: Deluxe Locking 7-String Tremolo
Pickguard: None
Pickups: 2 Special Design Seymour Duncan® Humbucking Pickups (Neck & Mid),
1 ‘59 “Trembucker” (Bridge)
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade, Special Switching:
Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucker; Position 2. Two Inside Single Coils; Position 3. Both Full Humbuckers; Position 4. Outer Neck Single Coil; Position 5. Full Neck Humbucker
Controls: Master Volume, Master “No-load” Tone Control
Strings: Fender Nickel Plated Steel Singles, .010, .013, .017, .032, .042, .052, .062
Unique Features: “Sleek” Strat Body Shape, Straplock Ready, Abalone Dot Position Inlays,
Dome “Tele” Knobs
Source: U.S. Fender Custom Shop

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Ok anyone interested I will be sending mine to be run thru a CAD scan for future production. Any change discussion or needed improvments or concerns would be a great help

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...ring-strat-deconstruction-reconstruction.html
Let me get this straight: you are scanning the original Squire body to make a quality carbon copy - this means that you have access to a CNC as well, right? If so, I see a minor business oportunity for you, as I'm sure a lot of Squire Strat-7 owners would love a proper alder or swamp ash body for their necks. Moreover, if you are going to such great lengths on this project, I strongly suggest getting and routing for the very high quality Hipshot trem and not simply recycling the POS standard trem. Looking very much forward to seing your progress... and you should go with black letters with a gold edge for that '70's look.

Cheers

Eske

flickoflash

BitchBoy
Reaction score
Let me get this straight: you are scanning the original Squire body to make a quality carbon copy - this means that you have access to a CNC as well, right? If so, I see a minor business oportunity for you, as I'm sure a lot of Squire Strat-7 owners would love a proper alder or swamp ash body for their necks. Moreover, if you are going to such great lengths on this project, I strongly suggest getting the very high quality Hipshot trem and not simply recycling the POS standard trem. Looking very much forward to seing your progress... and you should go with black letters with a gold edge for that '70's look.

Cheers

Eske
Actually I was offered mine done for free to let this new company spec & improve upon the squiers.They in turn hope to cater to those wanting replacement high quility parts

I will tell I did strip my squier to find some nice wood but its 3 piece & very heavy.

The neck I am not sure if I should slightly reshape more to a 60's style or should leave & go with a 70's style logo.

I really am hoping for alot of feedback !!!! ( NEED VINTAGE STYLE PARTS)

& yes I will see that these are in production very quickly with no BS

The only thing I will be keeping from the Squier is the neck because it is a good quartersawn neck but I need to rework the fingerboard, inlays , logo & finish :wallbash:

nogg

Reaction score
So USACG took a dump / still dancing on producing a 7 Tele / Strat body / neck offering ?

Who cuts the Tele bodies for WD ?

They're offering Tele 6 string bodies pre_routed for the P-W 'B' bender.

If we could make an inroad there - bangin' !

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I just took an order for a 7 string Telecaster body/7 string paddle neck on Friday.

Here's some factoids about Warmoth doing a 7 string.

Please direct any and all inquiries to sales@warmoth.com, not in replies to this post, nor in my pm box on this forum.

7 String neck pocket on a 6 string body when possible, check availability: $125.00

This will work on some body styles, but others can be an issue. Consider the centerline of the instrument, and add the difference in neck width equally to each side, ie; an explorer body will lose significant upper fret access.

Will still be 25.0 scale only, neck will set in a bit on the body, ie;
A 7 string tele would be a 25.0 scaled /24 fret neck only, or baritone 7 string scale 28 5/8”

We can drill for the 7 string Flat Mount bridge that we offer;
or rout for our 7 string Floyd; Warmoth Direct - Bridges

Such bodies are Rear Route Only. We do not have templates or programs for any 7 string pickguards whatsoever.

$150 over usual Tele costs $150 over usual Tele to make it a 7 string though we haven't gotten into what woods, pickups, or specific bridge to be used. As to making a pickguard.......we can modify a standard Tele pickguard to match the 7 string neck pocket for $25 but I have no patterns for routing the 7 string pickups nor do we even have a lot of 7 string pickups to model from

nogg

Reaction score
is the Squier Strat VII neck - not the Stagemaster with the square heel neck -
compatible with the Warmoth 7 string neck pocket ?

B

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
is the Squier Strat VII neck - not the Stagemaster with the square heel neck -
compatible with the Warmoth 7 string neck pocket ?

B

Not sure, as we do not have one to reference, hence, the reason it is a 25' scale 24 fret neck only that we are offering at this time.

flickoflash

BitchBoy
Reaction score
Actually I was offered mine done for free to let this new company spec & improve upon the squiers.They in turn hope to cater to those wanting replacement high quility parts

I will tell I did strip my squier to find some nice wood but its 3 piece & very heavy.

The neck I am not sure if I should slightly reshape more to a 60's style or should leave & go with a 70's style logo.

I really am hoping for alot of feedback !!!! ( NEED VINTAGE STYLE PARTS)

& yes I will see that these are in production very quickly with no BS

The only thing I will be keeping from the Squier is the neck because it is a good quartersawn neck but I need to rework the fingerboard, inlays , logo & finish :wallbash:
American Guitar Foundry recieved mine this past week to begin specking

')