Seven String virgin - Need recs on guitars!

• Thread starter Nesty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Diggy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the rec but I don't think this one would suit me. The pickup change would probably be a bit of a nightmare as well!

SC607B just a thought..

I believe all Ibanez RG7621's are MIJ.. go for that

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Diggy

Banned
Reaction score
they pop up occasionally used.. personally, I take 7321 over any available Schecter 7. The neck on a 7621 would be worth the time it would take to hunt one down.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
I heard the 7321 is made in Indonesia and doesn't live up to the standards of ones made in Japan.
I have a RGD7321 and its basically just slightly below a prestige. The neck is the exact same. It is made in japan and sold exclusively to usa.

pstol

Reaction score
RG7620, or perhaps a newer S7420 series. The RG7321 is terrible, but the RGD series seem to be nice as well.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I heard the 7321 is made in Indonesia and doesn't live up to the standards of ones made in Japan.
They are great starter sevens though, I own one and love it.
Quality is decent-I've never had any problems with mine, and the price is good.

Buy one and set it up to your liking with a new set of strings and a pup swap (stocks aren't terrible, but they aren't fantastic either) and you are good to go.

Nesty

Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;2631032 said:
They are great starter sevens though, I own one and love it.
Quality is decent-I've never had any problems with mine, and the price is good.

Buy one and set it up to your liking with a new set of strings and a pup swap (stocks aren't terrible, but they aren't fantastic either) and you are good to go.

I'm quite a sucker for quality guitars these days. I guess my best bets our Schecter, Ibanez and possibly Mayones if I can scrape together some more cash...:wallbash:

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I'm quite a sucker for quality guitars these days. I guess my best bets our Schecter, Ibanez and possibly Mayones if I can scrape together some more cash...:wallbash:
Schecter definitely. I love mine, had to sell a few for money. It still pains me that I did. Wish I still had my Schecter 7 :( It was a reliable, brutal, awesome sounding, durable beast.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
How does the neck feel on it? I've been told it's quick thick and not accustomed to some peoples tastes?

I've a C-1 custom and the neck is really nice, the necks is a lot thinner than ESP/LTD necks but a small but thicker than most ibanez. The 7 string model shouldn't be much different. The only problem for some people is the medium frets since they would be used to Jumbo frets. To me the ebony fretboard and medium frets is a great combination, very smooth and fast. Action and string gauge makes a much bigger difference IMO.

As for pickups if you change them I'd recommend the cold sweat neck, with the C-1 wood combination its really warm for solos and when you coil tap its great for cleans. A ceramic nailbomb would be perfect for the bridge. I have the alnico and it doesn't get shrill/trebly on the high string but while it is tight on the low strings their is a feeling of looseness that makes me think it would be muddy on the low B so a ceramic magnet should be perfect.

')