Seven string with a wide neck?

• Thread starter Brendan G
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brendan G

What is this then?
Reaction score
I currently have an Ibanez RG7321 and it is a decent guitar, but the combination of its narrow neck and my big ass fingers makes it difficult to play chords. Do you guys have any suggestion for guitars with thicker necks? I have been looking a little bit at a 27" Agile because I could use a little bit more room in the higher frets and Agiles have a good reputation on this forum, but does any one know how wide their necks are compared to the RG7321? It may or may not be useful but this link contains among other thing the RG7321 neck measurements http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG7321

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I think all production 7's have the same width (48mm at the nut).

These guys here are talking about neck thickness, not width.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I think all production 7's have the same width (48mm at the nut).

These guys here are talking about neck thickness, not width.

don't ESP/LTD's typically use 50mm nuts?

maybe not, just measured the M307 i have on a hook in the shop and it was 48... i know theres someone who offers a 50mm nut though...

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Forgot to mention it, but LTDs would fit the bill too. Their necks are the same as Schecters.

')