Sevendust, Diecast, and Point 1 in GSO, NC

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Got to see my absolute favorite people, Sevendust, this past Friday. Yes, I am a fanboy. :fawk:

As always, they were ridiculously incredible. As primarily a drummer, naturally Morgan Rose is a huge influence, but I love the band as a whole, especially live. The energy and execution was top notch, I was in heaven... okay, I'll stop. A great time was had by all. :D

Got to hang out with some of the guys afterwards, too, as they always do... super nice, just stood around chatting about gear, divorce and custody, drum corp, whatever! Hell, they fucking recognized me from the last time I saw them... a YEAR ago.

(really, stopping now... though I'm planning to find a way to have their baby next tour... :yesway: )

Diecast was new to me - and I am now a new fan. Kickass metalcore, with some nice melodic stuff too! Was cool to see John Kita (is that right?) and his Ibanez S7, very cool. Good guitarist! Was fun to watch, too. No shredding, sadly, until the giant chord at the end of the last song... he all of a sudden broke into this sweep-picking thing that was rather nice. ;) Happened to be on his side of the stage, too, so go to watch his playing the whole time.

Point 1 was new to me, too... mixed reaction, though I'll say they worked their asses off. Singer and bassist were there for real, drummer and guitarist... I dunno, not that they weren't getting into it, just didn't get quite the same vibe. Eh, still was pretty decent, especially for no soundcheck (sound guy was adjusting levels on the fly, sucked ass, not the band's fault at all, I was even more impressed with them for dealing with that).

l_f8c9e1e473fdea6c2921efa4daf26820.jpg

l_1a725bb0783aef004c53484534fd2fb2.jpg

l_6fd777e9cbc5aefde2ab78391ee10858.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool pics! I heard Sevendust is awesome live. I had the chance to go see them when Animosity (great album!) came out but I missed out. :( I think Home is my favorite one by them and it always will be. :agreed:

')