Sevens and Strings

• Thread starter Tommysixgun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally picked up a pair of Sevens....What do you guys recommend for strings? I normally use DR Pure Blues on my Sixes

7string3.jpg

Tommy

7string3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxStatic

Reaction score
I switched from DR strings to D'Addario lately and glad I made the switch. They don't seem to last as long but sound and feel better. Usually use the jazz set with a .65 for the low string.

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
D'addarios. They sound the best to me, but with my acid hands one set lasts me about a week. Elixirs last me 3-4 weeks though. Ernie Balls tend to breaks on me. I haven't tried DRs and GHS just have something missing in what I like.

Thyrif

Reaction score
I use mostly Elixirs on all my guitars. But now I have a set of D'addario 9's for my 7string because Elixirs only have 10's for sevens and I was trying out the difference.
D'ddarios last me usually about a month, Elixirs about three (four max) and feel way better (for me) because no junk and dirt from my fingers stick on the strings.

I had Slinkies for a while, they were pretty nice but the coating wore off in a couple of days, thats just not worth it for me.
Good luck!

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I usually use a set of Dean Markley Vintage Reissue regulars (10-46) with a .54 or .56 for the low B (just buy the 7 in sets of ten. The Dean Markleys run for $29 for sets of 12. I however have 0 acid content in my hands and my palms rarely sweat so strings last me for a year.

I've been experimenting with 9-46 sets on my 6'rs and might transition to those on 7 as well. Regardless, for cost effectiveness, I think getting a regular six set and then buying a ten pack of individual strings for the low B.

MatthewK

Reaction score
Elixir. I sold my Steinberger because it wouldn't work with elixir strings.

Wyldefan916

Reaction score
Right now my RG7321 has D'Addario's on it with the stock gauge B. I'm gonna swap them out soon though to use Ernie Ball regular slinky's and use a 62 for the bottom string.

Bboren

Urine Purifier
Reaction score
I use an 11-56 d'addario pack with a 66 for the low b on my carvin, and the same pack but with a low 70 on my agile septor. Love how they both feel and I've always loved how d'addarios sound.

')