Sevenstring album of the year

• Thread starter omentremor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score
Hey
I dunno if anyone else has thought of this but Ive had way too much coffee and its 2:30 so I couldnt be bothered searching.

Anyway I was just thinking why dont we vote on a sevenstring album of the year. One that like every member of this site needs proof they own or else the castration club is coming for them. This could be like the nominations thread and later make a poll for the actual voting. Anyway my nominations would be

Unearth - III In the Eyes of Fire
Strapping Young Lad - The New Black
Cannibal Corpse - Kill (they used sevens right?)

Im a weird merge between overtired and overwired so I cant think of any others. But Im sure you guys will pick me up on that.

Also maybe a song of 06 aswell

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zero Hour - Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond

That's the only one I can think of that's a top disc for me where seven were used exclusively...

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Unearth - In The Eyes Of Fire :hbang:

If I had to pick a sevenstring song for 2006, I'd say "This Time Was Mine" by Unearth.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Zero Hour - Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond

That's the only one I can think of that's a top disc for me where seven were used exclusively...

I think I'd have to go for that one, as well. There is absolutely not a single moment of 7-string 'gimmickry' on that album, such as excessive grinding it out from low B to low E--the instrument is perfectly integrated into the music. How long has Jasun been using 7-string? I know ZH goes back a ways.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Personally, I love Bloodlust from Through the Eyes of the Dead.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I'd have to go for that one, as well. There is absolutely not a single moment of 7-string 'gimmickry' on that album, such as excessive grinding it out from low B to low E--the instrument is perfectly integrated into the music. How long has Jasun been using 7-string? I know ZH goes back a ways.

Since at least "The Towers of Avarice", IIRC, so 2000. I don't know how heavily, but he certainly seems natural on it.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cannibal Corpse has my vote. Kill is one of the best metal albums ever IMO. That album influenced my tone more than any album I've heard in nearly 16 years of playing guitar.

Through the eyes of the dead also churns out some killer fucking metal!!! Don't really dig their tone though.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
ScarSymmetryPitchBlackProgress.jpg

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cannibal Corpse has my vote. Kill is one of the best metal albums ever IMO. That album influenced my tone more than any album I've heard in nearly 16 years of playing guitar.

Through the eyes of the dead also churns out some killer fucking metal!!! Don't really dig their tone though.

I know right? That album is ridiculously brutal and the tone is great. This is definitley the sound my Dual Rec-playing bandmate is trying to achieve more or less, eventho were not a DM band.

PS: I'd say Scar Symmetry too, but I havent given most of the other albums people are mentioning much of a spin yet.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Scar Symmetry with Mercenary as a close second.

Am I the only one who finds that Unearth album to be complete shit? Every song is just another cheap metalcore riff and some B5 chugged breakdowns - throw in some sweep picking, standard shit hardcore vox, and really shitty timing, and you've got that album summed up.

Seriously though, the timing is pissing me off. I was trying to get into it the other day and it felt like my internal clocked was all fucked up - turns out they didn't track to a click, and the songs have ± 10bpm changes thrown in.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
No, I'm with you DSS3, I don't really like it either... most of my friends like it so I put up with it but it's nothing I really enjoy.

I've never heard of 'Mercenary' before, going to check that one out now.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Really good powermetal with some heavier sides to it.

I have to say, though...

Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion is by far the best record of the year. No 7's used, but goddamn... it's so good.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Really good powermetal with some heavier sides to it.

I have to say, though...

Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion is by far the best record of the year. No 7's used, but goddamn... it's so good.

Never heard of those guys either.

')