Sevenstring.org cheap on comments?

• Thread starter cronux
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Only bookmarked Recording Studio and rarely, if ever venture outside its category. Tend to skip a lot of "Check my band's latest song" threads since I'm not that interested in listening to finished stuff. Mix tests, sound check, tone tests, WIPs and random recording techniques and discussions, however, really interests me. If I can give any kind of constructive input which I feel confident in sharing, I'll do it. Simple things, like, boost here, attenuate here, compress that motherfucker etc. If I feel confident in my opinion, then I'll share it. Just stuff that I wish more people did when I used to asked for input.

Most of the time, though, taking the time to give input is just a plain bother. It takes like 10-15 minutes of my life, which I could spend doing other things. The last song I posted here was apparently so awesome that no one had any input to give :p

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobZero

BWOOOOWWWW™
Reaction score
to be honest i noticed that thread titled like '' DJENT DJENT DROP Z AXE-FX2 SD 2.0'' get millions of views even if the clip itself is not that great...
when there are guys here that can do awesome clips whit great production, not to mention great riff or songs, with much cheaper gear. Obviously these guys don't get the comments of the ''DROP G# AXEFX MAXIMUM TWANG!!1!!one!'' threads.

Not fair in my opinion, but i guess the title draw more attention when it contains the magic words...

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Alot of it stems from being at work and not wanting to break out the headphones.

I post my stuff every now and then, sometimes even rough edits. There's some good stuff up here, and mine isn't always amazingly technical or even recorded really well. Sometimes i don't get any comments, which is fine.

There's satisfaction in just posting it somewhere so at least it can be listened to.

I agree. Im not the greatest player, I just love music and when I do actually post music....im usually looking for feedback on how my recording sounds. I tell people that are going to post to be honest, because its all helpful...unless you arw getting trolled.

Plus once the page is there, people can listen to it whenever

troyguitar

Reaction score
I am a complete idiot when it comes to recording/mixing/producing/whatever and I don't like death metal so I rarely even listen to anything that people post on here.

That being said, I want to get better at it and intend to start getting more involved in this section soon-ish. It's just really hard when you have no free time and no interest in death metal :lol:

revclay

Reaction score
I comment on something when I feel like I can contribute something constructive or to sing someone's praises. A lot of times, I just can't.

As for offending people, Loomer, DLG, you both have permission to rip my mixes to shreds, hahaha. I wish people were more honest with their feedback. I always ask for honest opinions for that exact reason since I won't grow as a musician without honest feedback. Oh well.

Latest posts

')