Sevenstring.org iphone app.

• Thread starter KenAncients
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KenAncients

Reaction score
How amazing would it be if this site had a web based format for smart phones? Or an iphone app to help browse threads and post. I'd help fund anyone that wants to go for it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While the site never had an app, it used to have a mobile version that streamlined things quite well. If I had access and the knowhow, I'd make up an application in a heartbeat but alas... I've neither.

KenAncients

Reaction score
Seeing as I work full time and love this site I just wish I could take it on the go. I mean this does sound like a great idea right? I wonder how we can get the ball moving on this, surely it could be a profitable expansion of this site. And even as an iPhone app charging $.99, if 20 percent of the members bought it that would make close to 5 grand. Not counting what companies would pay for to advertise. Plus many musicians could be turned onto the site seeing it thru the appstore.

CFB

Reaction score
I like the idea, but don't count on having 20% of all the members even owning an iphone.

Dan

Reaction score
I like the idea, but don't count on having 20% of all the members even owning an iphone.

Doesnt specifically have to be an Iphone. I own a Nokia and i can still get web apps. Nowadays you can code for most new phones as an aplication. and id happily pay money for a ss.org app :yesway:

BlackMetalVenom

Vallz und Veinaz
Reaction score
Doesnt specifically have to be an Iphone. I own a Nokia and i can still get web apps. Nowadays you can code for most new phones as an aplication. and id happily pay money for a ss.org app :yesway:

An app would be cool, although I can get the full site on my droid.
By the way, you sir, have a new fan. Just listened to Abstract Connections, reminds me of In Flames, the good old In Flames (1994-1997 era.) :yesway:

KenAncients

Reaction score
I have an iphone 3gs and I can load this as well, but browsing threads and keeping up to date with what all you guys say is troublesome. Long load times, responding to post is problematic. I own an Ibanez Rg2228 and constantly check the extended range section. It would be amazing if I could get a push notification if a new thread opened within the extended range section. Just saying if anyone knows the people of ss.org that would be interested in this i'll help fund!

Dan

Reaction score
I have a smart phone and i can get on here on it. Whats the big deal?

Because not everyone has a smart phone. i cant get the full site on my N97 because it takes forever to load, a nice app to just give people a heads up on whats fresh would be splendid

Also thanks blackmetalvenom :wub:

')