SevenString.org Seymour Duncan Exclusive

• Thread starter Scott Olson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jessy

Banned
Reaction score
Are you buying Erno's patents, or otherwise giving us an alternative to the MIA Q-tuners? If not, no interest.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Given there's an extremely small market for neodymium pickups, I don't think they'd lose sleep over it. :lol:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Given there's an extremely small market for neodymium pickups, I don't think they'd lose sleep over it. :lol:
Well, they did make those ZephyrSilver pickups that run 900 USD a set, so we'll likely eventually see some neodymium offerings. haha

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Good point... I think there's less of a market for silver-wound pickups, so you never know. :D

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Soapbar-sized passives you say?

This is fucking great news!!

Scott Olson

Reaction score
I recall our engineering trying some neodymium before and I believe it's really harsh. And while this is my personal opinion, I think the neodymium pickups out there are really designed to reduce that harshness which is basically the main effect of such a strong magnet, so what you get, is really kind of zero sum.

As for the Zephyr, it's also really bright but the harmonics are crazy and the attack is fast.

Scott Olson

Reaction score
But if you tell the Custom Shop to make a neodymium pickup, I imagine they would order the magnets and do it.

Seymour is still building a pickup with Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top that uses a meteorite. Last I talked with him he was saying he wanted to get some 10,000 year old petrified wood from the bottom of the Great Lakes.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
OK so good on Duncan for doing this. You guys will be glad you made the soapbar sized passives with exposed pole pieces into production. They should do well! I ordered a CS set of Distortion/Jazz and they sound awesome! Production is probably one of the best things to happen in a while! :yesway:

I thought about something funny. By doing this, you guys are going to increase the amount of production guitars with EMGs in them :lol:

More people who avoided EMG Schecters/Jacksons/ESP ltd etc will now be more willing to buy those guitars that come with EMGs. The guitar companies wont know that people are buying them then swamping the pickups for Duncans. The guitar companies such as Schecter/Jackson/ESP etc will only see an upswing in EMG equipped guitar sales thus strengthening their desire to continue using EMGs while EMG will notice a rather large amount of EMG 707's and 808's on the used market.

But if you tell the Custom Shop to make a neodymium pickup, I imagine they would order the magnets and do it.

Seymour is still building a pickup with Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top that uses a meteorite. Last I talked with him he was saying he wanted to get some 10,000 year old petrified wood from the bottom of the Great Lakes.

Thats badass!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score

That... is awesome. :shred:

WFD

Metal.Technicity.XXX
Reaction score
I always liked the custom custom pickup for 6 strings. and i tried many duncans, and besides the custom custom, tried and loved the dimebucker recently and im currently using the duncan custom. very nice pickup. Im wondering if theres any chance of having the custom custom as normal production 7 string ?? im WIth Full Distortion on the duncan forum. Q: P

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Even as someone that generally prefers Dimarzios, this is still great news!
More options and choices is always a plus in my book :yesway:

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
As you know it's that time of year where we start coming out with new products.

For the last year, we've been talking with people like Keith and Ola and of course listening to you all here. So I can tell you a significant number of 7/8 string products are coming. Including passive in active housing (soapbar), 8-string pickups both current models and completely new models for prog/djent that are being evaluated by a large group of 7/8 string players until we get the formula perfect. And same for 7-string. Also covers, all this will be available production, which means affordable.

I should have pictures and more info in the run up to NAMM. First products should be available in Feb.

Colors for the erg pup bobbins would be awesome! Any idea if anything other than black will be offered?

dirtool

Reaction score
new 7 strings model?
ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreaaaaaattttt!!!

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I want covers! The BKP covers on my JP7 look incredibly classy. Now, if I can get passive Distortion of Custom 7-string pups with chrome cover to replace the 707's in my PAS custom 7 :eek:

')