Seventring under 700$?

• Thread starter davor2705
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

davor2705

Reaction score
Can someone suggest a good 7string for that money?I don't like ibanez guitars because of their necks and I own a schecter hellraiser 6 so I would like some other brand of guitars..
Also , NO floyd rose , preferably strings thru body.. :D !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Could you tell us a bit more about what styles of music you hope to play? Also, what tone are you going for?

davor2705

Reaction score
Could you tell us a bit more about what styles of music you hope to play? Also, what tone are you going for?

mostly your standard modern djenty prog/metalcore...periphery,intervals,killswitch engage etc.. I'm playing through a Engl screamer and L6 hd 500 ..

Bolt

The Escape
Reaction score
try out a Jackson JS32-7Q! they look great and feel awesome, and they've got that 26.5" scale ;)

crowbar1115

Reaction score
https://reverb.com/item/338677-esp-ltd-alex-wade-7-string-2012-blood-red-aw7 This one is $700 I LOVE the pickups and neck shape on this one! Definitely a quality guitar!

https://reverb.com/item/300577-esp-ltd-viper-407-7-string-2005-matte-black $600 for this one. EMG pickups, Tune-o-matic style bridge.

https://reverb.com/item/398468-esp-ltd-ec-407-7-string-electric-guitar-alpine-white $500 for a Les Paul style LTD with a tune-o-matic. Looks like upgraded pickups on this one too!!

https://reverb.com/item/363892-ltd-by-esp-ex-307-7-string-guitar Explorer stlye 7 string for $599.

https://reverb.com/item/278861-carvin-dc-727-7-string-electric-guitar-black Here's a Carvin for $699.99!! Looks pretty rad!

Hopefully this helps you out a bit.

fantasyl

Reaction score
LTD AW-7 ....don't know how much is priced at the moment, maybe a GC coupon could bring it to your budget, but it is a really nice instrument (good pickup, stays in tune pretty well, neck-thru) and I think you can find it 2nd hand for much lower than 700$ ;)

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
If you're super lucky, you could try to find a used Carvin DC727. I absolutely love mine.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
So you're budget is $100/string right? :cool:

How about this Sterling JP70? Sterling JP70 - Transparent Purpleburst | Sweetwater.com

New price is $649.99 and comes in three colors, that leaves you some money left over for a set of strings or a decent dinner with your significant other (the guitar you just bought).

EDIT: I just read no floyd rose right now... I can't speak for the Sterling JP bridge, but the floating bridge on my JP6 & JP7 is very solid and stable, I only want this floating bridge now and forever. You can get a tremol-no and block the bridge with the remaining money you budgeted, and you will always have the option to go back to floating mode if you feel like divebombing or fluttering!

nyxzz

Reaction score
I know you don't prefer Ibanez, but the older 7621 and 7421 necks are quite a bit chunkier than modern Ibanez necks, and they're fantastic guitars.

Warg Master

Weeping strings...
Reaction score
So you're budget is $100/string right? :cool:

How about this Sterling JP70? Sterling JP70 - Transparent Purpleburst | Sweetwater.com

New price is $649.99 and comes in three colors, that leaves you some money left over for a set of strings or a decent dinner with your significant other (the guitar you just bought).

EDIT: I just read no floyd rose right now... I can't speak for the Sterling JP bridge, but the floating bridge on my JP6 & JP7 is very solid and stable, I only want this floating bridge now and forever. You can get a tremol-no and block the bridge with the remaining money you budgeted, and you will always have the option to go back to floating mode if you feel like divebombing or fluttering!

This.

I have had zero issues with the floating trem on the JP70. It is ....ing fantastic!

Tzar27

Reaction score
I can vouch for the awesomeness of the JP70s, that's probably the next 7 I'll pick up. The AW-7 would be awesome, too, it's definitely on my list of axes-to-own. I've never actually played one, but then I've also never played an LTD I didn't like (and I might be a little bit of a Whitechapel fanboy, but that's besides the point :lol:). If you're gonna djent, though, you might wanna steer clear of the Viper/Eclipse series since they're 24.75" scales. Personally I love 24.75" for death and doom metal since you can get a really deep, muddy tone more easily, but for prog and djent I'd definitely go with at least a 25.5" scale (which both the AW-7 and JP70 have).

HOWEVER, I just joined the Carvin club and for a deal like this:
You'd have to be insane not to get it. Hardtail string-thru, chunky-but-fast neck, immaculate build quality... You are most certainly NOT getting a $700 guitar here, that's for sure.

fantasyl

Reaction score
That carvin deal is really good....OP can't go wrong with the JP70, AW7...but the carvin seems a better deal IMHO...

apollosol

Reaction score
Anybody here tried the Chapman ML7 from Rob Chapman? I believe it's in this price range and it does sound good from what I've seen but I've never played one. Curious cause if it passes then that's a great bet for a cheap/starter 7. They also have tele 7s.

Plan on buying one maybe...

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I know you don't prefer Ibanez, but the older 7621 and 7421 necks are quite a bit chunkier than modern Ibanez necks, and they're fantastic guitars.

This. Or that Carvin on reverb.com :yesway:

I had an AW-7 and it was killer! A slightly thicker/rounder neck, good pickups stock, great build quality, and I've seen several go for under $700

Latest posts

')