Severed Savior appreciation

• Thread starter Eptaceros
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Been seeing a lot of threads lately about tech death/brutal death metal. Here's a band that's worthy of an appreciation thread from that category. Lots of dm bands have a mish mash feeling in regard to songwriting, but these guys put some serious thought into their craft. Been talking to friends about their album Servile Insurrection a lot lately, so I decided to make a cover of the title track. czech it out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaonslaught

Reaction score
This is my favorite band to play guitar to period. It's so hard, fun, and makes everything else come easy lol. for the past 3 months I've been just drilling the Question and Acts of Sedition tabs. weren't you in the band?

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Yeah! I came on board for the 2012 summer tour for second guitar duties. Dream come true right there :)

C'mon people, where are the tech death heads at?

Cyn__Theia

They freak you out
Reaction score
I own a physical copy of this album [Servile] simply because I was at a local FYE, browsing the "Heavy Metal" section and stumbled upon a used copy of Servile Insurrection for $6.99. I immediately had to have it. At the time it had probably been over two years since I had even heard the album, but seeing Severed Savior there was the last thing I expected.

Most definitely tech-death that requires an involved ear. One of those albums that I notice new things with every listen.
Still awaiting new material. It's been six years since SI. Do you know of any updates as to what they've been up to? I haven't done much research myself.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I like Severed Savior. I was fortunate enough to have the band members sign my C.D. inlay cards for their first two albums. Just listened to "Acts of Sedition". Definately interested in getting the album. :cool:

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Dying for new stuff from any of the CA Techdeath bands, Odious Mortem, Decrepit Birth and these guys

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Still awaiting new material. It's been six years since SI. Do you know of any updates as to what they've been up to? I haven't done much research myself.

Since the 2012 tour, everything's been quiet on the Severed Savior front. I had to go back to school and all the other guys had to continue working their primary jobs. Gilbert's wrists are kinda ....ed, too. He gets serious pain after long periods of playing. So things are pretty dormant and I can't tell you when to expect new stuff...there's no near future plan to get things running full force again.

Pandaonslaught said:
What's the hardest song to play on servile oleg?

Either the title track or Question...both are relentless haha

silverabyss said:
Dying for new stuff from any of the CA Techdeath bands, Odious Mortem, Decrepit Birth and these guys

Odious will be coming out with new stuff soon!

Pandaonslaught

Reaction score
Mikes track in Question is so hard, especially the solos. I've been learning his parts for acts and question. He needs to make more music for me to oogle over, its so good.

I'm siked for new odious. its been awhile. I miss KC Howard in decrepit birth, is he still in odious?

ToneLabeouf

Se7en String Shredda
Reaction score
This is a band I haven't heard mentioned in a looooong time! I haven't listened to them in a long time but I played the .... out of Brutality is Law is 2005/2006. Amazing death metal record and a severely underrated death metal band.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Mike hints around that they're done but no one will blatantly come out and say it. I think they all just need time to find some inspiration again.

')