Sexiest Ibanez ever?

• Thread starter Black Mamba
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bnosam

Ibanez Player
Reaction score
They look amazing, its a shame that ibanez has so many more guitars that have trems than not. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Third street saints much? I like the color scheme. I can see how some would see it to be the sexiest, but imo I'm not the hugest ibanez fan in general.

Would I turn it down if it was handed to me? Hell no, but there are other prettier guitars to me.

Reaction score
Throw in a matching crown royal case
vLcGqlE.png

ibanezgitarrero

Ready to RAWK.
Reaction score
Indeed - made in Japan in the late 80s. 30 frets, sculpted bubinga body...

They made a tiny, tiny number (less than 100 by most accounts) and they're mostly in Japan still.

Rarer than rocking-horse shit and worth a fair bit when they turn up. I still want one though, and one day I will have one.

Here's mine - however, I had to get rid of those Ultrasonic pickups. They plain sucked in this guitar. Now I have a Seymour Duncan JB Junior at the neck and a custom-made Häussel humbucker at the bridge. I also replaced the 6-way rotary switch.

169_6997.jpg

170_7001.jpg

170_7004.jpg

170_7006.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Brb.....buying plane ticket to South Germany :holy:

That guitar is in great shape and looks even better than the stock photos. You are seriously luck to have that guitar. How does she play?

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Here's mine - however, I had to get rid of those Ultrasonic pickups. They plain sucked in this guitar. Now I have a Seymour Duncan JB Junior at the neck and a custom-made Häussel humbucker at the bridge. I also replaced the 6-way rotary switch.

169_6997.jpg

Holy shit.

I want this.

ibanezgitarrero

Ready to RAWK.
Reaction score
That guitar is in great shape and looks even better than the stock photos. You are seriously luck to have that guitar. How does she play?
Thank you. This guitar is very petite but quite heavy due to the dense woods, but extremely well balanced and super ergonomic. Its acoustic (i.e. unamplified) sound is rather low in volume, but strong on the sustain side. The frets are small but this is good for the upper registers - with jumbos you wouldn't be able to fret above the 24th. The amplified sound is precise, ballsy and suitable for fusion and rock styles. Due to the position of the neck pickup, you won't get the typical neck humbucker sound like on a 22-fret HH-equipped guitar. It's special indeed!

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, I couldnt decide. No way, but here are some options to consider

7989906208_db7b00ce78_b.jpg

Flame maple top???? No no my friend.... Flame maple EVERYTHING xD

rv18.png

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Thank you. This guitar is very petite but quite heavy due to the dense woods, but extremely well balanced and super ergonomic. Its acoustic (i.e. unamplified) sound is rather low in volume, but strong on the sustain side. The frets are small but this is good for the upper registers - with jumbos you wouldn't be able to fret above the 24th. The amplified sound is precise, ballsy and suitable for fusion and rock styles. Due to the position of the neck pickup, you won't get the typical neck humbucker sound like on a 22-fret HH-equipped guitar. It's special indeed!

What's the playability like? Does it feel fairly "normal" or is it very different? Obviously it's not going to feel like a Strat or whatever, but is it totally alien?

ibanezgitarrero

Ready to RAWK.
Reaction score
What's the playability like? Does it feel fairly "normal" or is it very different? Obviously it's not going to feel like a Strat or whatever, but is it totally alien?
It's not alien at all. The neck dimensions are normal (43mm nut width, ≥21mm thickness) and the frets have a vintage feel to them because they are quite small. Since the AANJ was pulled a little further into the body compared to, for example, an RG, you have very good access to the upper registers. So I would say, all in all it feels fairly normal to me. I also love the ergonomic body shape, it has some JS/Radius assets.

')