Seymour Duncan Passives in Basswood???

• Thread starter ThrustTony
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

omgitzrick

Reaction score
I was just about ready to drop a Nazgul-Sentient combo into my RG8, but after listening to some comparisons I think I like the Pegasus a little better than the Naz. Has anyone tried Pegasus-Sentient in basswood? Also will the passive mount ones look okay or will they leave huge gaps? I don't really want to spend the extra but if it's going to look like shit I will.

Sorry for jacking the thread, just seemed like a good place to ask :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Petie

Reaction score
I was just about ready to drop a Nazgul-Sentient combo into my RG8, but after listening to some comparisons I think I like the Pegasus a little better than the Naz. Has anyone tried Pegasus-Sentient in basswood? Also will the passive mount ones look okay or will they leave huge gaps? I don't really want to spend the extra but if it's going to look like shit I will.

Sorry for jacking the thread, just seemed like a good place to ask :)

Yeah, I love the Pegasus and Sentient in basswood. I have them in an Iron Label RG 8-string. I've got the active-mount versions and they look badass.

ThrustTony

Reaction score
No worries You haven't jacked my post, best place to ask as it's on the same topic and saves starting another post. :yesway:

By what I've gathered the Pagasus has less gain than the Nazgul but then I've heard the Nazgul is well defined and not as gainy as people first think.

I think Seymour Duncans description makes it sound muddy and over powerful.

They make it sound like your going to plug in and blow the roof off your house! Lol

SD Quote......."Created for total sonic obliteration, the Nazgûl starts where most passive high output pickups stop"

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
SD Quote......."Created for total sonic obliteration, the Nazgûl starts where most passive high output pickups stop"

Yeah that description is terrible. I find my EMGs and BKPs much higher output. Its a powerful pickup but I still have the gain up on my Axe-Fx II. In my RG1527 the Nazgul is very saturated while in my KM7 its drier so it depends on the guitar. Same strings and pickup height.

The Pegasus is like a smoother more polite Holy Diver. Compared to the Nazgul its quite different. Brighter but smoother, less output, not as tight and not as much mid-range. Its a versatile pickup but I didn't like it for fast tracking on the low B.

')