Sh*t nobody says- Seven string edition

• Thread starter donray1527
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
I did that with Gojira, best decision of my life :D

I tried to discover them on my own but I couldn't get into them...as always I'm the one weird kid who has to do things differently the whole time. Even among metalheads for christ's sake. :noplease:

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
I tried to discover them on my own but I couldn't get into them...as always I'm the one weird kid who has to do things differently the whole time. Even among metalheads for christ's sake. :noplease:

5zhb0z.jpg

I don't like Meshuggah too much :(

if you are willing to, and have the time (be relaxed), try listening to From Mars to Sirius while reading the lyrics, that album is a fukcing journey :)

I think that the main problem that some guys have with Gojira is that they become a tad repetitive, but if you are inmersed in the album it becomes hypnotic, hell, Global Warming is only 2 riffs for 8 minutes, and the bassline and vocals slowly progress during the song until climax (the last few seconds have a some of the most intense screams I have heard), yet is one of my favourites songs evah :lol:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
"Blood On The Dance Floor is one of the most technical, and proficient black metal bands out there."

(.... that was painful to type)

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
:lol:

"I know we disagree, and since we are getting nowhere close to wrapping up this argument, we should take it to PM rather than derailing this thread."

More of an internet forum thing in general, as opposed to being SSO specific. :shrug:

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score

I don't like Meshuggah too much :(

if you are willing to, and have the time (be relaxed), try listening to From Mars to Sirius while reading the lyrics, that album is a fukcing journey :)

I think that the main problem that some guys have with Gojira is that they become a tad repetitive, but if you are inmersed in the album it becomes hypnotic, hell, Global Warming is only 2 riffs for 8 minutes, and the bassline and vocals slowly progress during the song until climax (the last few seconds have a some of the most intense screams I have heard), yet is one of my favourites songs evah :lol:
I'll give them another go some time, like you said there's no point in rushing it.

BTW we should form a club, I don't like Meshuggah either :lol:

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
"I think techno and rap is just awesome and should be played more on the radio..
There is just way to much metal on the radio nowadays"

"My pets love it when I put the volume up when I play guitar, especially for those brown notes, it's like they are cheering at me."

"Felt like playing guitar after eating some chips."

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
"Needs more wormholes."

"Devries is a misunderstood genius."

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
"Brand X has finally created the perfect production 7 string, with not only core specs that will appeal to a broad cross section of the player base, but enough options to satisfy outliers as well. And it's priced reasonably and comes in various colors, to boot!"

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
"Oh, so a 7-string guitar is just like a 5-string bass? I totally get it!"

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
"Devries is a misunderstood genius."
"Routing with your teeth is a time-honored luthier technique. As is placing little easter eggs on your parts, such as "rhythm in jump, dancing close to you.""

Reaction score
"I think techno and rap is just awesome and should be played more on the radio..
There is just way to much metal on the radio nowadays"

"My pets love it when I put the volume up when I play guitar, especially for those brown notes, it's like they are cheering at me."

"Felt like playing guitar after eating some chips."

*Cheetohs. :lol:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
"Brand X has finally created the perfect production 7 string, with not only core specs that will appeal to a broad cross section of the player base, but enough options to satisfy outliers as well. And it's priced reasonably and comes in various colors, to boot!"
What brands have actually done this?
Schecter with the SLS
Jackson with the SLATx
those are the only that come to mind.

Well, there is also Carvin in the semi-production area.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
"i don't like the axe fx"

"this record is way too tight man, i like a record with flaws, makes it human"
^which is exactly my main beef with modern metal :fawk:

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
"Bands these days don't use the adjectives technical, progressive, melodic, or brutal to describe themselves enough. We need more of that."

Don Vito

Reaction score
"I respect any age demographic that watches and enjoys My Little Pony: FiM"

"I like Children of Bodom, and would love to participate in the megathread with the 5 or so people that post in it:("

Latest posts

')