Sh*t nobody says- Seven string edition

• Thread starter donray1527
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sniperfreak223

B.C. Rich loyalist
Reaction score
Well, being a fan of BC Rich guitars and EMG pickups, I suddenly feel really out of place here...what next? Peavey Amplification?

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
"How come they don't make a Tune-o-Matic bridge for a 9 string?"
"Asking Alexandria are my favourite!"
"Can I get that in a three colour, nitrocellulose sunburst?"
"Nice song, turn up the tambourine."
"I don't miss Stealth."
"Dude, nice Weissenborn." (I recorded a bluegrass band this evening, duder had the nicest Weisenborn I have ever seen, sounded absolutely incredible.)
"Drummers are awesome!"
"Vocalists are awesome, too!"
"Nice track, try reamping the guitar with a Sonic Maximizer in the loop."
"BRJ build speed FTW!"
"WTB: Roter"
"I'm in Hawai'i. Free shipping to EU."
"I'm in the UK. Free shipping to USA."
"This custom Strandberg shaped guitar is only for sale locally in Athens, Greece." (Wait... WTF? That actually happened? lolz) http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gu...ed/236070-custom-8-strandberg-shape-copy.html
"Tax return came in, invested in retirement fund."
"Selling your guitars to pay for your wedding is an AWESOME idea!"

Last edited:

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
"You know what I'd really like? A fan fret that goes the other way, shorter scale for the low strings and longer scale for the high register. That way I can get flubby lows and brittle highs on the same guitar!"

Ginsu

Reaction score
Okay so I guess I'm just weird, because....

I have only heard one version of "Icarus Lives".
Actually, yes, I have... I've only heard the instrumental version. None of the remixes or even the vocal version (it has cursing, and I can't stand cursing in music, it takes me out of the experience because it feels too "human").

"well personally i'd use 9-52 gauge strings on a 25.5" scale for tunings like drop g"
Not quite, but a wrist problem forces me to use 11-48 (or lighter) for drop A, which is similarly absurd...

These pickups are way too hot
I know exactly what string gauge to use so I won't ask
I have a guitar with a D-activator X in the bridge, and I hate it. I'd actually prefer something with significantly lower output in ALL of my guitars. I never follow people's string gauge recommendations, because what I try is usually more comfortable (and I can't play on more than like 13 lbs of tension at the absolute maximum).

-guitars with graphics are cool :D

Not in general, but I've seen quite a few I like. I want a graphic of Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, surrounded by the crystalline Lake Bresha, on a white 9-string.

Actually, to further unintentionally contradict the entire philosophy of this website (so it would seem), I've INTENTIONALLY left two of the strings (E and G) off of the acoustic I got yesterday, just to see how it changes what I play on it. :ugh:

I hope I don't get banned for this, but I take full responsibility for what I've said. :) (I think I just contradicted another one.)

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
I love this new black 7 string Ibanez put out!!!

(except I actually do like my new black Ibanez 7421)

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
"You know who likes technical, melodic death metal, is easy going, a decent player? Sage. Let's start a band with him!"

ForeverAlone.png

jbab

Reaction score
I love Attack Attack!
There aren't enough deathcore bands out there!
I can't stand the feel of peanut butter on my genitals!

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
"There's a new signature guitar out. While there are features on it that I don't care for, I'm not going to sit here and nit-pick the .... out of it."

"We should have a reasonable debate about the many facets of religion."

"As much as what that person said bothered me, I'm going to reasonably counter their argument with facts and sources instead of childishly giving them neg rep."

"I'm quite happy there's more censorship on this site. The word "fuck" is too offensive for my eyes."

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
"I took the time to download and use Ishan's string gauge calculator/go to Hikky Z's String Assembler instead of making another string gauge thread"

"I disagree with your opinion, and I'm going to let you know by signing my negative rep because I'm not a giant soggy douche"

"Ebony is the worst possible fretboard wood aesthetically speaking, if you're leaving it blank. Unbelievably unremarkable to look at, even compared to the very cheapest cuts of rosewood."

that said all three are my own opinions :lol: (but I don't give out neg rep)

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
" I've been getting SO many chicks since I ordered that Tom Hess video..."

"My DeVries custom just got here and it is sick!!!"

"A wormhole? We kinda think it is cool... ...better than a serial number..." - oh, wait...

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
This next one veers away from the direction of the thread a little

" My $3000 custom S7 has wormholes in it....unacceptable....Ooooh look at that Rick Toone, it's unique but beautiful"

Ginsu

Reaction score

I am an absolute failure at art so far, so I don't really....know how to do that. I don't actually have the guitar in question either, yet. It'll probably just be a white fanned-fret Agile, I'll never be able to afford custom. :p

')