Shamray 8-string custom

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
I think complaining about a guitar looking too much like Ibanez RG is like complaining about your girlfriend looking too much like Angelina Jolie :cool:

.... *thinks about it* ... :agreed:
But think iv just goten too bored with the RG shape now
been playin em for ages and am all about the RGA at least now
schecter and Agile as soon as they arive :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to hear what the trouble is with them... the construction in the photos looks to be pretty good. :shrug:

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
is shamray's that bad?

omg, i've been thinking order one from them:spock:

Dude< it's a luthier that was made "custom" guitars in USSR ("custom" coz they was alittle bit better that mass production USSR shit) that man is still think that he can made good guitars. But this is a LIE!!!!

1 He can't get wood in post USSR ground
2 You saw his work place and tools?
3 Dude don't do it. You have a shitload of great luthiers in USA if you want something from europe. So there a bunch in Poland. Sebastian from ROTER CG in on this forum.

hey dr.distortion tell him a story about your talk with Shamray about put active pups in your guitar.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to hear what the trouble is with them... the construction in the photos looks to be pretty good. :shrug:

See my post for Strike07.

Also. THERE IS NOTHING CAN BE GOOD THAT WAS MADE IN POST USSR GROUND. COZ 70% OF PEOPLES STILL THINKS THAT THEY LIVE IN USSR.

Reaction score
First of all I'd like to tell one story.Some years ago I wrote to Shamray.I was interested how much will cost to change passive pickups to active.And he told me that it will be much better if I'd sold my guitar and order the copy of my guitar in Shamray's workshop but with active pickups.

Besides of this I saw a lot of photos with wery bad surface.In 50 % responses about his guitars are really horrible.

I think it will be much better to order Ran or Mayones custom than Shamray

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
First of all I'd like to tell one story.Some years ago I wrote to Shamray.I was interested hpw much will cost to change passive pickups to active.And he told me that it will be much better if I'll sold my guitar and order the copy of my guitar in Shamray's workshop but with active pickups.

Besides of this I saw a lot of photos with wery bad surface.In 50 % responses about his guitars are really horrible.

:agreed:

Shamray's feedback are horrible here. Like one dude was order a custom and he wrots (I'll tell it in shortly) : "I was ordered a custom from Shamray, it's a nice guitar, but there was shitload of mistakes like :paint was cracked somwhere, frets was glued very unaccuracy, under the varnish was few shavings pieces, top lock was instaled like it flying in air" Then same dude telling how his bass player was order a custom from Shamray. "The price was 700 USD at the start but in end it was 900 USD.....also Ibanez for 500 USD sounds better than his bass......5-th string is not sounding at all........fucking ussr, why they all have habbit for 4 string basses?"

Also all negative feedback is deleting from Shamrays forum immediately by mods.

What can I say more :shrug:

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I found another feedback :eek:

" I was got Shamray's custom and my neck was fall out from guitar, I was take it to Shamray, he glued it. But It was fall out again in 4 days"

:nuts:

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Here's a link to a semi-recent Shamray build: Shamray Guitars Reinterprets the Ovation Breadwinner. There's more on the site showing construction, etc. In the reader comments, the owner provides some feedback. He really didn't talk about the sound, or the workmanship. He did talk about the ergonomics and how thew guitar sets, etc.

Ray

Jimmmm

Reaction score
First of all I'd like to tell one story.Some years ago I wrote to Shamray.I was interested how much will cost to change passive pickups to active.And he told me that it will be much better if I'd sold my guitar and order the copy of my guitar in Shamray's workshop but with active pickups.

:mad:OUCH!

order a replica TO CHANGE PUs ? :nuts:

Dude< it's a luthier that was made "custom" guitars in USSR ("custom" coz they was alittle bit better that mass production USSR shit) that man is still think that he can made good guitars. But this is a LIE!!!!

1 He can't get wood in post USSR ground
2 You saw his work place and tools?
3 Dude don't do it. You have a shitload of great luthiers in USA if you want something from europe. So there a bunch in Poland. Sebastian from ROTER CG in on this forum.

hey dr.distortion tell him a story about your talk with Shamray about put active pups in your guitar.

hey, thanx for the info.
i owed you one, bro.

yeah, they told me they buying woods from USA, some swamp ashes and stuff. dude, i really didn't know that they're that bunch of shit. when i saw that r3tex guy saying there's some bubble marks here and there, i was little shocked cuz it's serious mistakes, errors. Even the $300 south korean made esp LTDs don't have that kind of elemetary error. :wallbash:

Reaction score
Here's a link to a semi-recent Shamray build: Shamray Guitars Reinterprets the Ovation Breadwinner. There's more on the site showing construction, etc. In the reader comments, the owner provides some feedback. He really didn't talk about the sound, or the workmanship. He did talk about the ergonomics and how thew guitar sets, etc.

Ray

Well,I mostly agree with you that this guitars looks good.But I've allready listened to some Shamray's customs.It was the copies of serials Soloist and RG guitars,and I can tell you that those guitars wass really horrible as for their prices.By the way,original serials costs a little bit more,but their sound is relly awesome.

Lie. He can't get African mahogany in Russia

Why not?I think he can, but the drying of the wood will be really horrible I guess

Latest posts

')