Sharon Osbourne reaches new heights of maturity...

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
i'm willing to bet Ozzy just felt a cold chill :lol:

Well, I I I tha tha that's just, you know, it's uh uh uh not right, I mean, uh uh I I what di di did I do to deserve tha from, uh from, uh from you, I I I...SHARON!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
It really sucks that OzzFest has come to this. It used to be really great when it first started.

And say all you want, but just remember, if it weren't for Ozzy, we wouldn't have Randy Rhoads or Zakk Wylde.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
He proceeded to secure a solo recording contract on the basis that he was boning the daughter (Sharon) of a major record label, Don Arden (Jet Records, a CBS subsidiary).

I agree with your overall take, but Bob Daisley has been pretty clear that $haron didn't really enter the picture until well after the Blizzard of Ozz band was in place. Before then, Ozzy was already managed by the Arden group, and his principal manager was David Arden, $haron's brother. I imagine $haron at that point was basically just an "office girl," since she was quite young. She did turn out to be every bit as ruthless and unethical as her father, however. For those who don't know, Don Arden was sort of the Suge Knight of '60s London.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed:

One of the reasons I'm happy about Heaven & Hell is because I get to see Black Sabbath without the two dead weights. I've walked out early the last few times I saw Sabbath, because Ozzy and Bill are just so god-awful at this point that it makes the music unlistenable.

On the Reunion live CD from Sabbath, on the two new songs, one of them was a drum machine cause bill couldn't keep in time. Vinny Appice is the best drummer to be in sabbath. i cant wait for a DVD.. (All the concerts are too far away :/ ).
I was actually a bit let down when i heard that Bill was supposed to play, cause you know as well as i do, that it HAD to be Vinny. Mob Rules Sabbath lineup is one of the best bands ever.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Sharon's fucking frightening.
Its amazing she has lasted this long in business with all the bullshit she's dealt out.

Ozzy: well I kinda feel sorry for that dude. His wife and kids are fucking shot and he can't sing worth a shit. I wish Sharon would just let him retire.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Ozzie was a hack vocalists who scored the gig in Black Sabbath simply because he owned a PA. After a decade spent vocally butchering the lyrics that Geezer Butler wrote, he found himself canned. He proceeded to secure a solo recording contract on the basis that he was boning the daughter (Sharon) of a major record label, Don Arden (Jet Records, a CBS subsidiary). He proceeded to spend the next several decades vocally butchering the lyrics of Bob Daisly, all whilst screwing several musicians (Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, Don Airey, Jake E Lee, Phil Soussan, Randy Castillo) out of royalties.

Fuck that drug-addled talentless hack and his useless bitch of a wife. :noway:

I don't really get pissed about that kind of thing. I just always enjoyed the bands he was a part of. I like both Ozzy and Dio.

It's like the Phil Anselmo thing, I never really got pissed like a bunch of people did. I just enjoyed the music

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's a bit unfair to rag on Bill Ward. He was never the massive chops guy, but the guy has/had a tremendous sense of swing in his playing, particularly from the mid-'70s on. Check out how much more groove "Heaven & Hell" has than either "Mob Rules" or "Dehumanizer." And I say that as a huge fan of all three albums.

He basically retired as a drummer after he left Sabbath in the early '80s, and I don't think he has ever been able to pick up where he left off. He's still in better shape musically than Ozzy, though. :lol:

As to the whole "Reunion" thing, Iommi and Butler got used to playing with timekeeper drummers. Ward came out of a more jazz-based tradition, where the drummer isn't expected to be a human metronome. That has its good and bad points.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm more of the thinking that Bill just hasn't aged well (granted much better than Ozzy).

I still think Vinny is the best choice Sabbath had for a drummer.

Digital Black

Reaction score
Thats why im never going to ozzfest, never buying another Ozzy CD, and never having anything to do with that family ever again. I'm GLAD the rest of Sabbath finally decided to ditch ozzy after him putting off recording a CD for fucking 8 years because he had to do Ozzfest and release shitty subpar albums. I've been waiting for a new fucking Black Sabbath CD since 1999. Every year, the other 3 guys "We've got these great songs, we're just waiting for Ozzy" and every year, Ozzy's like "I don't know what the fuck is going on!" Fuck him, fuck sharon. I'll take Dio & Maiden any day.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, I I I tha tha that's just, you know, it's uh uh uh not right, I mean, uh uh I I what di di did I do to deserve tha from, uh from, uh from you, I I I...SHARON!

Hilarious, Noodles. :rofl:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know it's funny when people seem surprised by stuff like this. I personally stopped even looking at anything Sharon/Ozzy were involved in after the 'remasters' of Ozzy's early albums. For anyone who doesn't know, they re-recorded everything to avoid paying royalties to the original musicians.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That whole family needs to go the way of the O'Doyle family.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dio has always been reluctant to reveal his age. The best guess among fans is that he was born in 1942, based on various little bits of evidence people have dredged up. I mean, check out this photo:

page7-1015-full.jpg

Personally, I just hope to have 1/10th that much :metal: when I'm his age.

Dude, he STILL manages to look badass in that picture.

You know why I'm not metal? It's not the polo shirt - it's that I'm not Ronnie James Dio. :metal:

Betterlaidplans

Lurker Extraordinair
Reaction score
1. Ozzfest is a terrible money pit with sharon at the bottom gobbling up everyones cash to buy more dogs
2. Ozzy has completely lost his edge through the years
3. Dio may look, sound, act, and be as tall as your 4ft-nothing grandfather but its still more metal than people can even comprehend

Sharon is Ozzy's succubus. She sucked the life out of him, his career and ruined his children. Dio rocks...PERIOD

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
It really sucks that OzzFest has come to this. It used to be really great when it first started.

And say all you want, but just remember, if it weren't for Ozzy, we wouldn't have Randy Rhoads or Zakk Wylde.

what about Randy in Quiet Riot or Zakk in BLS

I figure (at least RR) would have made it huge no matter who it was with, he was THAT good:bowdown:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score

One of the reasons I'm happy about Heaven & Hell is because I get to see Black Sabbath without the two dead weights. I've walked out early the last few times I saw Sabbath, because Ozzy and Bill are just so god-awful at this point that it makes the music unlistenable.

I did the same thing, it the was the first time I walked out of a major concert from sheer disappointment. Really fucked me up too, started questioning my reasoning for being in the biz.

')