Shawn Mendes Musicmaster?

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
I know, i know. Shawn Mendes is probably not widely appreciated in this forum :lol: but anyway, a review of this on youtube just popped up on my feed, and i gotta say, I think its freakin beautiful.

Specs-wise theres a couple of things im not sure about, like the 24 inch scale or the 9.5 radius, but i think the pickup config is interesting, and ofc the finish and pickguard are ace.

fender-shawn-mendes-foundation-musicmaster.jpg

honestly if they ever release this finish or something similar on a strat, i'd probably get it.
Hell, i might get this as a gimmicky fun guitar to have. having never tried 24 inch guitars, i might end up liking it. i assume they're more for open chords and stuff down the neck? the only one i cant think of that used 24" is Cobain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It looks good and i want one.

Short scale means it will be warmer but bridge sc means it brings the chime.

I dont need more guitars, but this one is cool.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You probably wouldn't even notice the shorter scale if you didn't even know it was there. It's the same difference between a Strat and a Les Paul.

Honestly, this thing looks pretty cool. Has its own vibe going on and I really appreciate that in signature gear.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
You probably wouldn't even notice the shorter scale if you didn't even know it was there. It's the same difference between a Strat and a Les Paul.

Honestly, this thing looks pretty cool. Has its own vibe going on and I really appreciate that in signature gear.
yeah, seems like a fair assessment. i barely notice the dif between my 25.5 and 26.5 sevens, besides the odd 1st to 6th fret stretch.
For this i wouldnt go thru the customs hassle of bringing it to Mexico, but if it pops up at a fender dealer here, i might snatch one.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Absolutely love this guitar

The guitarist from Movements uses the 24 inch Fenders for some of their work without any problems and he tunes them down to Drop D and Drop C# for the most part

Mathemagician

Reaction score
That’s a really unique looking guitar. And likely to get a lot of attention in a music store.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
It's awful, I love it! :D
Would be a fun guitar to noodle around with for clean stuff.
Where are these slated to be price wise?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It's awful, I love it! :D
Would be a fun guitar to noodle around with for clean stuff.
Where are these slated to be price wise?

Same as a player series iirc.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I have a couple of Mustangs. I'm not sure about the scale they've got, I think they have 24,75" scale but I personally really dig it. Great for small hands. Only thing I don't dig is that bends of e-string choke out. Don't know if that's the radius or the scale but that's something that kinda annoys me.

I was really surprised they included a split option for the neck humbucker on this model. I wish Fender would release another HH Mustang with the split option. One of those was on sale last year but sadly I couldn't afford it since it was a MIA model.

tordenist

Reaction score
I just got mine this past weekend. It's even more stunning in person and a bit on the heavier side, the neck feels nice and the pickups are not shitty and that was a very nice surprise...

The shorter scale doesn't even make that much of a difference in practice, it's not like I can pull off Holdsworthian chords right away but it feels very nice and warm. I might throw some locking tuners there though.

broj15

Reaction score
I'd be all over this if the pickguard didn't have that print on it (the tan works but the different patterns on the pickguard & body seems kinda busy to me). Also flip flop that pickup position. I'm sure a single coil in the bridge works for him, but I almost have to have a humbuckers in the bridge for the riffage. Other than that it's pretty sick and a really unique (maybe a little to niche?) Option to have on the market.

Edit: now that I think about it a wood pickguard (ash maybe?) would look sick on this, though I'm sure that'd increase the price point another $200-$300.

broj15

Reaction score
Oh, most definitely. Custom pickguard for that would be easy to whip up. I'm definitely not in the market for a new guitar (still waiting on my custom & in the mean time my T60 is holding strong), but was more just speaking hypothetically.
But really it'd be perfect if it was 7 string, 27.75" scale, had a hipshot, SS frets, and wasn't black ;)

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, most definitely. Custom pickguard for that would be easy to whip up. I'm definitely not in the market for a new guitar (still waiting on my custom & in the mean time my T60 is holding strong), but was more just speaking hypothetically.
But really it'd be perfect if it was 7 string, 27.75" scale, had a hipshot, SS frets, and wasn't black ;)

Needs Evertune & Fishmans for me :D

Latest posts