Sherman 8 String in the STUDIO VIDEO for our Prosthetic Records debut! New SONG!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
Hey dudes, here is a video edit I put together of us all in the studio. Got me rocking my Sherman 8 String!

We also posted a new song today! "Sargasso Sea", I recorded all my guitar parts with the Sherman 8 String, through an Engl Powerball for Rhythm, and a Bogner Ecstasy for all the leads. Hope you guys enjoy!

New song here: MySpace.com - Scale The Summit (NEW SONG!*) - Houston, Texas - Progressive / Experimental / Metal - www.myspace.com/scalethesummit
Our new ablum comes out on Prosthetic Records, Feb 17th.
If you can't tell, I'm excited. haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
It's Chris Letchford!Sounds good man, still looking for some more new STS stuff and new Sherman builds man

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
Thanks dudes! Appreciate it!

haha Metronome its where its at! its not in the mix ; )

Should have my next Sherman 8 before Christmas! Yeah Mike?

lctdmf

Reaction score
Nice playing, to everyone in that video.

Jabba the hut dying is also, win.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
asides from the really really resonant and lively sound from the sherman, anyone noticed how great the drums sounded? :p

this just fueled the hell out of my sherman gas! :p

sounds great, altogether!

also, i noticed you guys are usng that yamaha kick drum mic thingy? it´s like a 12" or 15" speaker being used in reverse, and it´s apparently AWESOME for getting the kicky sound of kick drums...

failshredder

hammer every cock
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear that thing rules. My intro-to-recording teacher went on at length about it last semester, heh. \m/

And you guys sound a lot like Cynic in certain ways! That is a thing which rules. Keep up the good work!

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
Scale the Summit, nice, was just checking your guys stuff out, awesome guitar dude. Sherman 8's are amazing looking and sounding guitars. I'd love to get a Sherman build. My dream guitar.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
very cool!

also, whats the purpose of that snare next to the kick drum?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
We have a Yamaha SubKick in our studio as well. Combined with a regular kick mic, it works awesomely for getting that low-end THUMP. We have ours positioned a bit further off the skin, though. That's where it sounded best with our drummer's vintage Gretsch kit.

Great sounding stuff!

Latest posts

')