Short cliche tone test. Drop D / awful breakdown / BKP nailbomb* etcetc

• Thread starter Jims
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jims

Reaction score
quick le456 test by Jimss on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

please forgive the cliche playing and taccyness :)

Its been a while since I've posted but I figured while I had time I'd make a short topic now I've started to move onto amp VSTs using mainly DI's from the sneap forum to help me get the hang of it all.

I eventually got around to recording a little awful riff with a breakdown on the end and would like some help with my tone :)
any critisism is nice! :)

Zoom g2.1u as a interface
TSE808
Le456
Some old mesa impulses
+lecab2
Ibby RG7321 with a bkp nailbomb in the bridge (not really happy with it!)
Pitch shifted guitar as bass

Cheers, Jim.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
That guitar tone sounds pretty solid, man! :yesway:
You nailed the presence which was lacking in the Rose of Sharyn mixtest, big improvement!

The kick and snare could use a little work.
And of course the bass is lacking because its a guitar, but oh well. What can you do?

Jims

Reaction score
Cheers for the help and suprisingly compliments so far guys :)
I've tried to have a look at my drum sound but I'm really struggling now so anyhelp would be seriously appreciated.

I'm using 2 layers of drums for most of these, the top track uses 2 seperate ezd metalheadz tracks while the bottom 2 use the ezdrummer standard kit+metalheadz on top of each other but I've fiddled quite alot since the first attempt

Jimss's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

The top 3 are my current attemps, the first been the original guitar tone, if I'm honest I prefer the first attempt when listening quietly there just to much reverb imo

Thanks so much so far guys!

Jim.

Reaction score
I'm using 2 layers of drums for most of these, the top track uses 2 seperate ezd metalheadz tracks while the bottom 2 use the ezdrummer standard kit+metalheadz on top of each other

Let me get this straight. You have 4 tracks for drums? :scratch:

Jims

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. You have 4 tracks for drums? :scratch:
I worded that a bit wrong.
I've been using 2 tracks for drums in all the attempts with this particular "track"

e.g
The top track on my soundcloud uses 2 layers of metalheadz (one using the default snare and kick one using a different snare and kick)
the bottom uses metalheadz+the standard kit
and the middle also uses metalheadz+standard kit.

One layer is usually sort of reverbed and a bit more full, while i have a layer above that that i sort of make more "snappy" (?)

...hopefully that makes more sense for my weird method ._.

Jim.

Jims

Reaction score
What VST are you using for your guitar mate?

I think I'm using Poulin LE456 on all the tracks, I'm not sure but I may of used lecto for 2 of the tracks, but I'm pretty sure its all LE456.

Zoom g2.1u usb>TSE808>Le456>Lecab2>Some really old mesa impulses

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
I really liked the "quick le456 test" out of the 3 man. I was going to say that i would take a little low bass out of the kick and toms so they arent too overpowering, but that was the main thing i noticed. (maybe a little less verb on the kick too). Definitely stick with the settings you used for this test.

Sounds sweet dude, reminds me of Everytime I Die! :metal:

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
For some reason it sounds like the left panned guitar has more reverb than the right? Like during the breakdown when it goes back and forth. Not sure if it's just the drum reverb fooling me or what not.

I love the tone you're getting from Lecab though! Gives my mixes with Recabinet a run for its money. The drum tone sounds good to me, just needs a little TLC and needs to be a bit more in-your-face I'd say. Keep at it bro, I dig. :yesway:

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Great sound. Can't find much to complain about. Maybe a little more lows to the drums, but I'm really diggin on that one.

Latest posts

')