Should i buy this?

• Thread starter Ibanez_fanboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's pretty tight, I'd say get it, you'll be pimpin'....:yesway:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Over here we call those the Opel Kadett. They're ok for an old car. I don't know if the insurance is anything like it is in the UK, but as a new driver you are likely to get shafted for insurance, especially as it's a modified vehicle.

Also, it's got a sub in the boot. How're you gonna get your guitar gear in there? ;)

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Also, it's got a sub in the boot. How're you gonna get your guitar gear in there? ;)

That's what the backseats are for. ;)

The no money thing will be a problem. In fact, I think it makes him buying the car a non-issue. Unless, of course, he's exaggerating and really means "Very little money" (which could mean anything from $50-$1000). But, at 16, "no money" probably means under $100. In that case, don't even think about trying to buy that car. Buy a PS2. :yesway:

Thank you.

The above analysis was provided by the generous support of Dr. Naren.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Man, I just passed my test and would love my own car, but I've found it financially more viable to drive the girlfriends and spend the rest of the money on guitar related shit! (when i can)

Get your driving license first, and then steal your parents car, or do what i did and trade driving lessons for a shiny guitar! I think that overall the good guitar paid off more than driving lessons would have, but it depends where you live!

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Over here we call those the Opel Kadett. They're ok for an old car. I don't know if the insurance is anything like it is in the UK, but as a new driver you are likely to get shafted for insurance, especially as it's a modified vehicle.

I doubt the insurance would be as bad as it would over here...I've owned cars in both countries and got shafted (more) in the UK.

I'd say not a bad first car.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
7 Dying Trees said:
Man, I just passed my test and would love my own car, but I've found it financially more viable to drive the girlfriends and spend the rest of the money on guitar related shit! (when i can)

Now THAT's Rock&Roll!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Naren said:

No, Naren, that's NOT what the backseat is for. I mean, honestly. ;)

It's cool, but unless you've got the majority of the money ready to go or unless your parents want to buy you a car, I'd say pass. Driving your parents' car is the way to go at 16.

universe

Awesome Babe!
Reaction score
Naren said:

The no money thing will be a problem. In fact, I think it makes him buying the car a non-issue. Unless, of course, he's exaggerating and really means "Very little money" (which could mean anything from $50-$1000). But, at 16, "no money" probably means under $100. In that case, don't even think about trying to buy that car. Buy a PS2. :yesway:

Thank you.

The above analysis was provided by the generous support of Dr. Naren.
Believe me Naren Although I love my baby ibanez, I'd expect more action in the back seat of my car!!

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not into American muscle.

I've always been a Z32 300ZX fan, so that's were my loyalties lie. GO BUY YOURSELF A NISSAN!!! They almost never die and they're some sick speed machines:agreed:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
universe said:
Believe me Naren Although I love my baby ibanez, I'd expect more action in the back seat of my car!!

And that's coming from one of the like three women on this site. :lol:

Congratulations, you're now officially cool. (as if the fact you're a chick who rips it up on a 7 wasn't proof enough, lol)

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
universe said:

Done it lots of places, but not in a car. Too uncomfortable. Never really got the appeal. Much better doing it in the kitchen or the bedroom or living room or basement or bathroom or public park or movie theater or train, air plane, shopping mall, hotel lobby, convenience store. You get the idea. But a car? How uncomfortable!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Done it lots of places, but not in a car. Too uncomfortable. Never really got the appeal. Much better doing it in the kitchen or the bedroom or living room or basement or bathroom or public park or movie theater or train, air plane, shopping mall, hotel lobby, convenience store. You get the idea. But a car? How uncomfortable!

you havent lived till you tried the passenger side of a compact car behind a gas station at 930 at night.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
.jason. said:
or the front seat of a 85' honda prelude hehe

Been there, done that. It's really interesting when you're 6'2". :yesway:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" as well, eaeolian. Oh, yeah, if I was gonna do it in a car, I wouldn't do it in the backseat. I'd do it in the frontseat. Yeh.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Or the back of a Chevy Oldsmobile Minivan with the seats taken out.

I'm 6'4 :(

')