Should I do it??

• Thread starter Titanwar990
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Titanwar990

Reaction score
So I was looking at picking up my first 7 string and got an offer to do a straight across trade for my Agile AL-3100 silverburst. He has a schecter hellraiser diamond series (C-7 im assuming) in black in near perfect condition. What I'd like to know is am I getting ripped off or is this truly a good deal? Is there anything wrong/different with the diamond series? And is the neck on the hellraiser comparable to that of a Douglas Spad or schecter omen 7? Thanks all!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

abstract

Reaction score
Depends on how much you like the 3100 vs the Hellraiser. I like to screw with the tuning on my 7s a lot (A-C-G-C-F-A-D kicks ass, but I don't like to use it all the time ect.), so I personally wouldn't get a 7 with an OFR. If you're new to 7s I seriously suggest messing around with the low B and E tunings to find your own style. I started jamming with a band that uses only 6 strings, and having the minor third between the low strings in the aforementioned tuning opened up a lot of possibilities. Then again, if you're positive you're just going to play in B or drop A, you're fine. I think the trade is worth it, you just have to decide which guitar is worth more to you.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
in terms of price value, that is a killer deal, the Agiles are supposed to be similar quality, but you can replace the Agile for way cheaper than you can grab a new-ish Hellraiser, so unless the Agile has some significant sentimental value, i'd do that trade in a heartbeat

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anything wrong/different with the diamond series? And is the neck on the hellraiser comparable to that of a Douglas Spad or schecter omen 7? Thanks all!

The Diamond Series is great; it's their standard stuff.

Personally, I love the neck on the Hellraisers. It's beefier, for sure, but I find it doesn't hamper my speed at all, and I've got really stubby fingers. The extra beef relaxes your hand/thumb and is way more comfortable for chords, IMHO. And the 26.5" scale is a godsend.

The neck will be really close to an Omen 7. I actually A/B'd those two guitars a while ago. From what I remember, the Omen seemed to feel a little bit slimmer, but rounder. The Hellraiser was a *little* beefier feeling, but it was flatter, and felt way faster.

I really like Schecter's set-thru neck joints, too. They give you decent access, but there's a little meat there, which I like.

Personally, if you're really want a 7 and aren't too attached to your Agile, I'd say go for it. You're getting a great deal, for sure.

On a side note, if it's got a Floyd and you don't want to use it, block it with a Tremel-No. They're like 60 bucks, and give you the option of full hardtail, dive only and free floating. If you block it, you get the benefit of the hardtail, but the tuning stability of a double locking trem, and Floyd's feel great under the palm. Not to mention, it's fully reversable and doesn't do anything to your guitar.

/rant

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
A C7 Hellraiser is worth twice the price of the Agile. Definately a good trade if you want a 7.

max-streich

Reaction score
I want to buy a 7 string as well. On ebay there is a rg 7620 in a new condition offered by a shop in germany. they want 750 euros. is it a good price when the guitar is nearly new or is it too much.
best regards

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I want to buy a 7 string as well. On ebay there is a rg 7620 in a new condition offered by a shop in germany. they want 750 euros. is it a good price when the guitar is nearly new or is it too much.
best regards

Depends on how badly you want it. You can get them WAY cheaper used, and in great condition. But, that should be pretty close to the price of a new 1527, which is more or less the current version of the 7620.

Normally, 750 euros would be way too much, but it's a new old stock Japanese Ibanez. If it's worth it to you, you'll be getting a great guitar. But they can be found for much cheaper used if you hunt around.

syndrone

You Must Listen To SYNDRONE
Reaction score
i bought a 1527 on ebay.de on sunday evening for 557 Euro. possible that you bid on it as well? ;D

i think it`s much to pay 750 for that one, because as Philligan said, it`s a kind of older version. plus it doesn`t have very very good pickups (although they are surely okay).

i just think it has the better trem than the 1527. i like the lo-pro edge SO MUCH, i have never failed with this one. to me it`s on of the best tremolos out there.

change the pickups and you it`s a very decent guitar, i`m sure!

viel spass : )

max-streich

Reaction score
I can´t find any 7620 in germany less tham 650 €. and with that 750´€ offer I got guarenty and everything and the guy from the shop told me that the guitar is "new" and that there isn´t one spot where you could see that it has been used.

')