Should I get this??

• Thread starter nitelightboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Should I buy this????

• Hell yeah, that thing rocks!!

Votes: 56 52.8%
  • Hell no, go with a Schecter!!

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Buy them both.

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Why am I reading this?

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
The RG7EX is stupidly overpriced to have shipped here. By the time you get done, it's more expensive than the Hellraiser, and feature for feature, doesn't stand up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Jeff said:
The RG7EX is stupidly overpriced to have shipped here.

I was quoted $137.63 to ship a King V, which comes in a notoriously large case (it costs about $50 to ship one in the CONUS). I don't think shipping will be that bad on the RG7EX.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
My old RG7CT had the offset dots. Yeah, they look cool, but if you're playing a live show, the lights are low on the stage and you've got a complex lead part you're playing up around the 17-20th frets, good fucking luck finding your place. You're better off closing your eyes and playing by feel at that point.

You also look way more artistic and cerebral when you do that. :agreed:

at least until you fuck up...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
(actually, the CST's board was bare, and I was surprised to find it didn't bother me (especially since the 2027 I owned a few years ago, with two offset 12th fret dots, did a bit). You've been playing so long that you know a 24-fret seven string neck cold - you just have to take that first plunge and learn to trust your hands to be at the right places.)

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Shipped with customs fees it's about $800. Not much more than the Hellraiser, but the thing that really sets it apart....they don't sell them here. Meaning that there's not a ridiculous amount amount of them be bought in the States.

Roland777

Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
Shipped with customs fees it's about $800. Not much more than the Hellraiser, but the thing that really sets it apart....they don't sell them here. Meaning that there's not a ridiculous amount amount of them be bought in the States.

Plus... it´s an Ibanez!!!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the RG7EX is made in Japan or Korea?

maskofduality

Brandeis Sophomore
Reaction score
Jeff said:
The RG7EX is stupidly overpriced to have shipped here. By the time you get done, it's more expensive than the Hellraiser, and feature for feature, doesn't stand up.
:idea: well maybe the RG7EX's "lighter basswood body" will save him money on treatment for the back pains these heavy sevenstrings are bound to give us eventually.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Drew said:
(actually, the CST's board was bare, and I was surprised to find it didn't bother me (especially since the 2027 I owned a few years ago, with two offset 12th fret dots, did a bit). You've been playing so long that you know a 24-fret seven string neck cold - you just have to take that first plunge and learn to trust your hands to be at the right places.)

Actually, I discovered I only ever look at the side dots, anyway. :yesway:

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
I'm still confused as to how you would get a jap Ibby over to North America. I live in Canada so I don't think the cost of shipping/customs would be much different from the US's since its coming from Japan. Do you contact them? Or someone?.. Or perhaps you have to deal with underground sources :nono: :noplease: :ugh: :rant: . Hahahaha, at least that's what I read on the ESP forums for getting an ESP Alexi Model (the original Alexi shape, not the "Oh please don't sue us Jackson!" shape)

I would LOVE! To get my hands on a GALAXY BLACK RG1527 :scream:.

P.S. I just finished watching Band Of Brothers for the second or third time, and its AMAZING!!!!! .......I'm sorry I had to mention that, but that 10-part movie is just so beautiful and moving! :hbang:

guitarist-1

Shred Metal
Reaction score
I would go for it...That guitar looks great. I have the same pickups in my K-7 and the sound is excellent:yesway: I would try a guitar with EMG's before you decide-just is case you don't like EMG's.

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
tehk ... music123.com has some special editions of RG1527's in black

That's true, but who knows how long they'll have them there for. I'm currently short on cash at the moment :(.

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the sound of most schecter guitars and like the feel of the neck but the thing that sets me off about them is that every schecter I have ever touched has had a nice gloss finish on the back of the neck. My hands tend to stick to it too much for me to be comfortable playing one for any length of time. I prefer the raw feel my Ibanezes have.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Offset dots and a bound neck and fretboard? Go for it.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL an old thread, NLB probably bought the Hellraiser anyway. If you still want to buy this guitar NLB then you should PM Mark 7 he's ordered several guitars from Ikebe.

')