Should I get this??

• Thread starter nitelightboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Should I buy this????

• Hell yeah, that thing rocks!!

Votes: 56 52.8%
  • Hell no, go with a Schecter!!

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Buy them both.

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Why am I reading this?

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Plus cool offset fret dots. :agreed:

My old RG7CT had the offset dots. Yeah, they look cool, but if you're playing a live show, the lights are low on the stage and you've got a complex lead part you're playing up around the 17-20th frets, good fucking luck finding your place. You're better off closing your eyes and playing by feel at that point.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris said:
Plus cool offset fret dots. :agreed:
ESP's offset blocks are much better imo :D

Anyway, it'd be cool to get that guitar, but it'd be more than the schecter...

Magnolia

Draughero
Reaction score
Even though I DO, personally, have to fly the Schecter flag, I thought you might find this interesting... There are a few of these going for 80,000 yen (which works out to a little less that $700 US):

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c115296109

An then there's an "Extreme Edition", with what looks to be a gloss black finish... or maybe they just sell it to guys named Nuno:

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s15291134

ANYway... SCHECTER rules. *cough*

:hbang:

And just out of curiosity, anyone know the scale for the neck on these?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
My old RG7CT had the offset dots. Yeah, they look cool, but if you're playing a live show, the lights are low on the stage and you've got a complex lead part you're playing up around the 17-20th frets, good fucking luck finding your place. You're better off closing your eyes and playing by feel at that point.

Or by ear. :)

[action=Bostjan]doesn't like face dots[/action]

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Magnolia said:
Even though I DO, personally, have to fly the Schecter flag, I thought you might find this interesting... There are a few of these going for 80,000 yen (which works out to a little less that $700 US):

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c115296109

That is Yahoo Japan auctions. It is nothing like E-bay. You need a credit card to join; the whole site is in Japanese; and 95% of the people on there do not ship overseas (that particular guitar also says that it does not ship overseas). The shipping within Japan, however, is all clearly written on that page. I've bought stuff from bidders (which is kind of like a small Japanese e-bay) almost 3 years ago and I'd e-mailed back and forth about 6 times (in Japanese, of course) before the exchange of the money and merchandise for 1 auction.

So, unless you speak and read Japanese, live in Japan, and have a Japanese credit card, the above site is an impossibility.

Very very cool looking guitar, by the way. I say you buy it (through Ikebe?)

Magnolia

Draughero
Reaction score
Naren said:
So, unless you speak and read Japanese, live in Japan, and have a Japanese credit card, the above site is an impossibility.

I know it's Yahoo Japan Auctions. I have a bidding agent--Masato--in Japan. He takes a small percentage through PayPal (can I say that?), places the order (or bid) for me, and then sends me the goods. I been getting deliveries of various things from over there for the past few years. NEVER had a problem or complication with him one single time, ever. Bidding agents are very common. So the above site is not an impossibility at all, actually.

And there's not really a need to speak and/or read Japanese, either, in this day and age of things called "website translators".

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Magnolia said:
I know it's Yahoo Japan Auctions. I have a bidding agent--Masato--in Japan. He takes a small percentage through PayPal (can I say that?), places the order (or bid) for me, and then sends me the goods. I been getting deliveries of various things from over there for the past few years. NEVER had a problem or complication with him one single time, ever. Bidding agents are very common. So the above site is not an impossibility at all, actually.

And there's not really a need to speak and/or read Japanese, either, in this day and age of things called "website translators".

I couldn't trust a website translator too much, certain ideas may be more complex and be misconstrued.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't know anything about this bidding agents. This is an all new idea to me.

Magnolia said:

I am a little shocked at this opinion. I could see someone "getting by" with a web translator or getting the gist of what something said (although the gist you're getting might be completely wrong).

Ah... Don't get me started on the abomination called "website translators." If you don't have one of these bidding agents and are dealing on a auction directly with these guys, you will have to be able to communicate in Japanese with the seller. You can't just send him an e-mail in English and expect him to whip out a dictionary and find out what you're trying to say to him.

But, none of that applies if you have one of those bidding agents (that I had never even heard of. Interesting).

Magnolia

Draughero
Reaction score
bostjan said:
I couldn't trust a website translator too much, certain ideas may be more complex and be misconstrued.

Yeah, sometimes "concepts" or whatever can get a little twisted in the translation (often to kinda humorous relults, from an english-speaking fella's perspective), but certain things are kinda straightforward, or relatively easy to figure out:

"Ibanez electricity guitar RG7EX
7 chord models which load the FIXED bridge onto May pulling of 5 pieces/the walnut neck

RG-EXTREME which requested aggressive sound more sharply. The pewter - EMG make mounting 85/81 and 707 in the body which it can be wrapped in the color. The simple position in ray ("inlay"... no corresponding "L"-sound; "L"s become "R"s...) which excluded excessive decoration, the image whose all black part is cool is created."

marton

Reaction score
Pfft, hire an agent who speaks English...you never know when babelfish might translate "I'll give you a thousand bucks" into something equivalent to "I want you to eat venicine until your bowels burst." or something.

Magnolia

Draughero
Reaction score
Naren said:
Ah... Don't get me started on the abomination called "website translators." If you don't have one of these bidding agents and are dealing on a auction directly with these guys, you will have to be able to communicate in Japanese with the seller. You can't just send him an e-mail in English and expect him to whip out a dictionary and find out what you're trying to say to him.

As a side piece of trivia, I've been taking Japanese classes here in Toronto for about 13 months now (for what it's worth). *shrugs* So I'm kinda okay with speaking, and writing in katakana. Going to be spending some time in Japan later this year, so I began preparing... just so that I'm not TOO totally lost when I go over there.

:rolleyes:

And yeah, bidding agents are awesome (if you can find a good one), lol. Really helpful.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
To me, that stuff is completely illegible. One good example of how bad "website translators" are: One day I found one of the more prominent ones online and started typing English into it and seeing what it translated to. Then I started typing Japanese and seeing what English came out. I typed in the basic expression "genki desu ka" which the translator translated as "Is it energy?" Of course, anyone who knows even the lowest level of Japanese knows that "genki desu ka" is "how are you?" or "are you healthy?"

If, in this modern day and age of website translators, there was no need to speak or read Japanese, I'd be out of a job.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Before I went to Russia, my sponsor emailed me some of the weirdest-reading stuff. It was all done by a program they use to translate. While those are very handy in certain situations, relying on them is a very bad idea!

Magnolia

Draughero
Reaction score
Naren said:
If, in this modern day and age of website translators, there was no need to speak or read Japanese, I'd be out of a job.

They're helpful, that's all I was trying to say. Worked well for me, before I took the time to actually learn the language.

ANYWAY... We're supposed to be talking about guitars here, no?

')