Not open for further replies.

guitar4tw

Reaction score
Sweet
Great recommendations
Im leaving my ibby as is, i have the crunchlab and liquifire set
What about blackouts in my agile?
Or my BKP in my agile, that wud be sexy
I think I would go for BKPs in the agile, with pickup rings if need be. But I dislike actives, so I'm biased.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bones43x

Reaction score
I would return the Agile. ;) I guess I'm just partial to Ibbies...

You could put pickups in the 7620 to make it sound quite a bit different than your 1527. And they'd still feel the same so you wouldn't need to bother getting used to the Agile every time you played it.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet
Great recommendations
Im leaving my ibby as is, i have the crunchlab and liquifire set
What about blackouts in my agile?
Or my BKP in my agile, that wud be sexy

i wouldn't bother changing EMG707s for blackouts. they both share the characteristics of actives and differ in minimalistic nuances. although there's a bandwagon full of people on the forums claiming blackouts are soo much better and dynamic sounding, i wouldn't bother. EMG707s are already great pickups in my books, so why spend the cash to swap the 707s for something almost identical :shrug:

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
i wouldn't bother changing EMG707s for blackouts. they both share the characteristics of actives and differ in minimalistic nuances. although there's a bandwagon full of people on the forums claiming blackouts are soo much better and dynamic sounding, i wouldn't bother. EMG707s are already great pickups in my books, so why spend the cash to swap the 707s for something almost identical :shrug:

I own a guitar with 707's and a guitar with Blackouts, and while there is a difference, it's negligible to me, and I'm obsessed with tweaking my tone. The blackouts seem a little bit hotter, and I get a bit more feedback from them. But again, it's negligible. If you really don't like actives, and you don't want pickup rings, your best bet is to have custom covers made for whatever pickups you decide to go with. It may look like you have actives, but hidden beneath could be some BKPs. I'd link you to a site where you can get them but I can't for the life of me remember it :(

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Send me the Agile and that will relieve your situation.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Everybody that complains about active EMGs doesnt realize that EMG also makes passive pickups in the bass extended housing. Alexi amongst many others use them. Why is this never an option?

This is how Im starting to look at things, if its a guitar I would never want to play live, then I dont really need to own it. Clearly you dont like the Agile and need the money. Get rid of the Agile and get the Grey Nickel 7620 or save your money. Seems like thats what you want to do. If you do keep the Agile, you could also try the 81-7.

headibanez

Reaction score
i would get rid of the agile and get the ibby, you could always put blackouts in the ibby and still have money left, also the 7620 will retain its value while the agile will depreciate as newer/better models come out:2c:

Bones43x

Reaction score
i would get rid of the agile and get the ibby, you could always put blackouts in the ibby and still have money left, also the 7620 will retain its value while the agile will depreciate as newer/better models come out:2c:

And he knows he's an Ibanez guy so why keep something you're not completely satisfied with. I don't keep gear that I don't absolutely love.

Don't keep it JUST because it's different. If you love the Agile, keep it...if you don't then send it back.

That RG7620 is a great deal. You can't have too many Ibbies, can you?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
If you've got that Coldsweat, why not use that? You're not going to get a passive to fit that slot (except for the EMG passives, but I'd recommend you do a little searching on those. I'm pretty open minded about pups, but even I don't like EMG passives). So if you must do a ring, use the Coldsweat if you've already bought it.

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
I think what I'm really banking on the most is having a difference in guitars, and something not everyone has(the agile). To me that seems like a dumb reason to keep a guitar that cost nearly $700 when a nice used 7620 would cost me $400-500, especially when the 7620 would play better. Plus Agile are still being made, and will be for a long time..There's no real "value" to them 6 months from now. The 7620's out there are the last of there kind..I'd like to find a nice one to keep onto, one that will hold its value for years to come., unlike the Agile.

Wouldn't you agree?

I can get this in a week, when the Agile is returned to Kurt.

$359, stock.
IbanezRG7620full.jpg

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I think what I'm really banking on the most is having a difference in guitars, and something not everyone has(the agile). To me that seems like a dumb reason to keep a guitar that cost nearly $700 when a nice used 7620 would cost me $400-500, especially when the 7620 would play better. Plus Agile are still being made, and will be for a long time..There's no real "value" to them 6 months from now. The 7620's out there are the last of there kind..I'd like to find a nice one to keep onto, one that will hold its value for years to come., unlike the Agile.

Wouldn't you agree?

Nah, i wouldn't. Cause at the end of the day, its the guitar itself, not the money you spent on it that makes it worth playing. Besides, like a bunch of people including myself said, Why are you going so out of your way to have two almost exactly identical guitars? Just because 7620s aren't being made anymore doesn't mean anything. The 1527 is, aside from the bridge identical. I dont particularly care what the aftermarket value is on them, if it has the specs i want, sounds like i want, and plays like i want. My hellraiser is worth half of what they sell for new, but i don't give a fuck, cause its a great guitar that plays awesome, sounds great, and has specs i like.

Bones43x

Reaction score
Nah, i wouldn't. Cause at the end of the day, its the guitar itself, not the money you spent on it that makes it worth playing. Besides, like a bunch of people including myself said, Why are you going so out of your way to have two almost exactly identical guitars? Just because 7620s aren't being made anymore doesn't mean anything. The 1527 is, aside from the bridge identical. I dont particularly care what the aftermarket value is on them, if it has the specs i want, sounds like i want, and plays like i want. My hellraiser is worth half of what they sell for new, but i don't give a fuck, cause its a great guitar that plays awesome, sounds great, and has specs i like.

To me, it's about what you like. He's stated repeatedly, that he prefers the Ibanez to the Agile so why should he stick with the Agile if there's something that is attainable and tha he likes better.

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
Exactly..my point is why keep something for reasons other than what I like..
I bought the agile to see if I liked it, and I do, but nowhere near as much as the ibanez..
And speaking from a realistic POV, the Ibanez is attainable at half the cost, with twice the satisfaction. =]

robotsatemygma

myspace.com/pygar1
Reaction score
Sheesh.

If I was you I'd keep both the Agile and Ibanez RG1527. Two different guitars with different specs. Why get something identical?

Or if money is an issue... get rid of the RG1527 and grab that RG7620.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
BOTTOM FUCKING LINE:

If you prefer the ibby's playability by that big a margin, return the agile and get the 7620. End of discussion. Playability first, everything else 2nd - I've made that mistake before, to the tune of $1000 more than what I paid the first time, for exactly what I want (stunner looks and the playability I want)

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
considering you had this thing up for sale within a week of getting it and don't like: the pickups, neck or price. I'd say "yeah", get a refund. seems like a bit of a no brainer, :lol:

:2c:

Duckykong

Sum Dat NegroSprite
Reaction score
Sheesh.

If I was you I'd keep both the Agile and Ibanez RG1527. Two different guitars with different specs. Why get something identical?

Or if money is an issue... get rid of the RG1527 and grab that RG7620.

Getting rid of the RG1527 is simply no option..It's just to amazing.
But good idea. =]
BOTTOM FUCKING LINE:

If you prefer the ibby's playability by that big a margin, return the agile and get the 7620. End of discussion. Playability first, everything else 2nd - I've made that mistake before, to the tune of $1000 more than what I paid the first time, for exactly what I want (stunner looks and the playability I want)

Well thanks, finally somebody flat out says it. That's what I needed to hear.

Thread CLOSED.

Btw, thanks for all of your input, It's helped greatly.
My wonderful girlfriend is making the purchase on that 7620 tomorrow, then I'm sending the agile back, and paying her back after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')