Should I pull the trigger?

• Thread starter vilk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Peavey Vintage Tube Amp | eBay

This amp looks beat. However, it also looks loud, vintage, and all tube. And right now it's got a day left with only 125$ on it. It doesn't ship--the seller will only allow pick up. This is why I believe that this is kind of a good deal? Because I live like not even an hour from this seller. And I've never seen a 4x10 tube amp sell for so cheap.

Should I pull the trigger? Would you?

If I buy the thing on ebay, go to the guys house and play it and it sucks... what do I do then? Do I have to take it anyway? Let's say I have to do something crazy like replace all the tubes... would it still be worth it?

Edit: Nevermind--this amp is hybrid not all tube. Now I dunno if I want it. I had my heart set on all tube.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score
Since it is an auction, you might not be able to get it for $128 (the current next minimum bid) even if you do bid. The reserve has not been met. However, you might still have a decent chance of winning the auction if you decide to go for it since presumably local pick-up auctions would have fewer potential buyers.

')