Should I SELL my 7 string?

• Thread starter insanebassninja
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 25.5 scale 7 string guitar is too short for me to play. Am used to a 35 inch scale length 6 strings bass. Should I buy a 27" baritone 7 string?

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stg

Reaction score
Agile makes 30 inch scaled guitars for a reasonable price.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Holy sh!t 35 inch scale length six string?! New to me. As stated earlier, agile is the only maker that I know of tht makes 7 strings longer than 27 inches unless you go custom (forgive me if I'm wrong).

Mike

Reaction score
Never really heard anyone say a guitar is too short to play comfortably (unless I guess you had one of the micro little kid guitars). Are you sure it's not just that the neck is too small and therefore uncomfortable compared to what you're used to? What kind of guitar is it? I can't play Ibanez's because they're so small to me that it's uncomfortable and feels awkward on my hand/wrist. I ended up settling on the feel of an ESP/LTD type neck as what feels best to me. If you're using an Ibanez, Dean, or some other brand, maybe give a LTD or a Schecter a try before jumping to baritone zone. I bet a Hellraiser C7 would feel just right to you.

If however baritone is actually what you're looking for because of tuning reasons, I say get one of the longer scale Agiles. They offer quite the affordable selection for 27 inches and longer.

Last edited:
')