Show Me Your Bass!

• Thread starter rummy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Poo

Tunes to B00
Reaction score
This is my Jazz Bass. There are many like it but this one is mine and it's tuned to B00 - B0 - E1 - A1.
1030227_stitch.jpg[img]

Iron1

Old School Blacksmith
Reaction score
Just got my hands on this, but the neck was offset. Have a buddy that builds custom guitars who is fixing it and I should have it back soon. Sounds amazing and played pretty decent for the neck being out of alignment (notice how the strings start closer to the B string side near the nut, then are closer to the G side at the body).

fullsizeoutput-c7f.jpg

Going to replace the bridge soon, too. Any recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got my hands on this, but the neck was offset. Have a buddy that builds custom guitars who is fixing it and I should have it back soon. Sounds amazing and played pretty decent for the neck being out of alignment (notice how the strings start closer to the B string side near the nut, then are closer to the G side at the body).

fullsizeoutput-c7f.jpg

Going to replace the bridge soon, too. Any recommendations?

Those old Squiers were pretty cool. I always liked their more modern takes.

Why are you thinking about a new bridge? I've played a 4-string version and it seemed plenty solid.

How much work are you looking to put in, because that thing looks like a great candidate for a 2TEK.

Iron1

Old School Blacksmith
Reaction score
Why are you thinking about a new bridge?

How much work are you looking to put in, because that thing looks like a great candidate for a 2TEK.

It's got some substantial corrosion on it, and one of the saddle screws came apart (due to the corrosion) when trying to do the set-up - replaced the screw, but not sure the bridge is worth overhauling. I kinda dig those Hipshot bridges, but since it's not an immediate need I figure I can take some time to research what to buy. And, I want to fix up my 7-string Jackson first next, so the HM will have to get in line after that.

Thornmoon

Reaction score
My two Valenti T21-J5 basses.

7C225E10-E9D6-4A50-AB5D-E18CAE41A842.png

Swamp ash body
Birdseye maple fretboard
Hipshot hardware
Aguilar electronics
35” scale

6B873106-AE00-4976-A021-81FD6E3F8708.png

Alder body
Rosewood fretboard
Hipshot hardware
Passive with Aguilar single coils
35” scale

14A820DB-3A02-44D8-97D3-5DE5E2D8CB8B.jpeg

Lakland 55-01 fretless
Swamp ash with rosewood fretboard
US Bartolini pickups
Lakland LH3 preamp
35” scale

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So pumped! Atelier Z just finished my custom ordered M285 and is shipping it over. Just have a lousy picture so far:
D8-C1-FB30-ACD2-456-C-BDBE-4-B1-B0-CA3582-E.jpg

Ash body, pau ferro board, stainless steel frets.

Great match for for gloss black/white pickguard Schecter PT8!!!!

Schecter/Atelier family shots! I demand it!

Latest posts