Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

eklundh

Reaction score
need to hide those cables!
8s8y6sp8ge4u.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
My recording setup is:

2013-01-14144528_zpsba35bccc.jpg

my pedals in to a blue tube pre-amp, into a Line 6 GX, which goes to:

2013-01-14144505_zps13d787e4.jpg

my pc and ridiculous speakers :lol:

phuck yo studio monitors. cuddly bears included for extra brutality

Overtone

Reaction score
Thanks for the likes guys! Any recommendations for getting either the midi controller or the keyboard off the desk?

I think I have the same desk! Luckily my keyboard controller is narrow enough that I can still put my wireless keyboard in front of it. It's a little awkward reaching that far forward to play, so I do plan to install an aftermarket slide out keyboard tray at some point, so I can put the typing keyboard and mouse on that, and the midi keyboard right at the front of the desk. Oddly enough last time I looked at slide out keyboard drawers on amazon and office depot they were all total crap!

XxSilverburstDiezelxX

Audio Engineer
Reaction score
I think I have the same desk! Luckily my keyboard controller is narrow enough that I can still put my wireless keyboard in front of it. It's a little awkward reaching that far forward to play, so I do plan to install an aftermarket slide out keyboard tray at some point, so I can put the typing keyboard and mouse on that, and the midi keyboard right at the front of the desk. Oddly enough last time I looked at slide out keyboard drawers on amazon and office depot they were all total crap!

Exactly!!!
I went to look at the slideout keyboard trays and they definitely all were crap!
I still haven't devised a method of resolution for my issue. I just take the controller on and off the desk when needed. Shits getting old to say the least. lol

greglecompte

Reaction score
well to be fair it was 1500 and a dean explosion razorback which is only going for like 450 on ebay so i think i made out pretty good its an awesome board

Reaction score
Updated a tad...

154154_10152419503190258_1995830105_n.jpg

Fully upgraded iMac 27" (and a MacBook, not shown in pic)
Adam A5X
M-Audio Axiom Pro
Avid Eleven Rack
Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
SansAmp RBI
Beyerdynamic DT250
A bunch of plugins from Waves, Avid, Toontrack, Native Instruments, iZotope, Spectrasonics, Project Sam etc...

Sound engineer: Lego, the cat

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated a tad...

154154_10152419503190258_1995830105_n.jpg

Fully upgraded iMac 27" (and a MacBook, not shown in pic)
Adam A5X
M-Audio Axiom Pro
Avid Eleven Rack
Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
SansAmp RBI
Beyerdynamic DT250
A bunch of plugins from Waves, Avid, Toontrack, Native Instruments, iZotope, Spectrasonics, Project Sam etc...

Sound engineer: Lego, the cat

Looks very clean and inspiring! :cheers: I have to ask, are you the Simon Andersson with the Woodo sig? If so, a good friend of mine in Stockholm owns one of those, it's a tasty bass! :)

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
studio update got an ssl nucleus for 1500 the other day
IMG_0009_2 by gregLecompte2, on Flickr

IMG_0008_2 by gregLecompte2, on Flickr

Was almost going to make a meme about this...

Gets $5000 piece of gear for his studio

Only pays $1500 for it

I actually hate you. I've wanted an SSL Nucleus since they came out. It's the perfect piece of kit for my needs, but I can't justify that kind of cash.

greglecompte

Reaction score
i was planning on just buying it and selling it on ebay for 4500 then buying the artist series avid one and 2 km84s but now i like it it works well and looks nice, and its a peace of gear that if a band that has no clue hears ssl they think hey ive heard of that its serious

Latest posts

')