Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

j_m_s

Reaction score
166092_10151682131250336_1177961484_n.jpg

969556_10151682131215336_110862897_n.jpg

934751_10151682131155336_1057677649_n.jpg

375672_10151682131095336_1267441213_n.jpg

431776_10151682131025336_379212406_n.jpg

Extremely messy now, waiting to set up my new table after I shift my TV!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
studio update got an ssl nucleus for 1500 the other day

Holy shit! $1500!?!? Damn, I would've jumped on that instantly. Been wanting a center piece for a while, but the good ones are all too damn expensive to justify it.

A straightforward setup with a Mac Mini running Logic and a Mackie Universal Pro for the real feeling of mixing ... and blinky/flashy lights!

Inside the box:
Nomad Factory Analog Signature Pack EQ, Studio Channel, & Limiter
Nomad Factory Magnetic II
BBE Sonic Suite

Outside the box:
ART Pro MPA II preamp
M-Audio FastTrack Pro
'90s "vintage" JVC Home Stereo

It's served me well thus far...

https://soundcloud.com/jason-reeder

:lol: @ the cab in the bathroom. Totally wasn't expecting that one.

There's been a few changes since I posted my original picture. Here's the current set up

null_zpsc67e2233.jpg

I wish I didn't have so much stuff, so my setup would look like this. Everytime I go in my room I'm angered cause it looks so damn cluttered :mad:

Buying a house soon though, so I hope to set up a live room/photo studio and a mix room/office in the two unused rooms of the house. I'm also building some pretty monitor stands this weekend. Pretty excited :shred:

halomojo

Reaction score
Man, this is a sweet looking setup here. I also suffer from the lack of space and things end up getting cluttered. Best of luck with the projects this weekend.

Joseph Kimbrell

Reaction score
Man, this is a sweet looking setup here. I also suffer from the lack of space and things end up getting cluttered. Best of luck with the projects this weekend.

Agreed! I wish I had even more space as well, but what I could really use right now is some acoustic treatment. I gotta load a pic of mine later

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Agreed! I wish I had even more space as well, but what I could really use right now is some acoustic treatment. I gotta load a pic of mine later

Build some!

Cost me ~$350 to do 4 - 48"x24"x4" broadband absorption panels, 4 - 96"x24"x4" corner traps and 1 - 48"x48"x4" overhead cloud... and I built mine all fancy with stained birch frames and metal corners.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
I'm glad to see my thread still trucking along nicely! Things have changed a LOT since my last post in here - I completely changed the orientation and position of my studio space to make for a much better working layout. The only problem is the sound went from being really rather good to being very poor with mix position change, so I bit the bullet and get hold of a large amount of treatment from GIK Acoustic, who were great to deal with. I installed it all today, here's the rundown and pic:

Monster bass traps with diffusers in the corners (both the low and angled pairs behind the monitors), 244 bass traps to the sides, 242 absorber panels at the primary reflection points on the angled side walls, and a 242 hanging from the ceiling above the mix position (not in shot).

tumblr_motcsiflBG1rhemmwo1_1280.jpg

Apart from that, I've added a Vintech 273 dual pre and a Distressor (Brit Mod) compressor to my racks, which are sounding great so far!

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Awesome Nolly. How are you liking that Distressor? Feel it offers you something that plugins can't?
I'm about to order a large panel for my rear wall reflections from GIK, too. Unfortunately it's the only primary point that is practical to cover in my current room, but it should help quite a bit :)

greglecompte

Reaction score
nice how do you like the vintech 273 ? if you have any problems i work there so i may be able to help

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Awesome Nolly. How are you liking that Distressor? Feel it offers you something that plugins can't?
I'm about to order a large panel for my rear wall reflections from GIK, too. Unfortunately it's the only primary point that is practical to cover in my current room, but it should help quite a bit :)

Thanks! I feel the Distressor does get a hardness and power that I haven't been able to achieve with ITB compression, though I'm perfectly aware that that could be psychosomatic. The benefits of being able to compress vocals and bass on the way in during tracking are pretty huge though, and regardless of analoge or digital format, having the combination of great sounding saturation and multi-mode compression in one place at my fingertips is really useful.

nice how do you like the vintech 273 ? if you have any problems i work there so i may be able to help

Awesome! I like the sound a lot, it's my go to pre. PM'd :)

EricG

Reaction score
One monitor for music editing and one for video editing (covers/play-throughs). There's also another studio monitor next to the right monitor that I apparently didn't include in the picture.
2q9vp7l.jpg

DrZoidberg

Reaction score
Here's the small project room that I just started, nothing fancy. Only iphone photos for now.

angg8w.jpg

Reaction score
Here is my retro walled abode that I like to call "Schism Studios".

My Gear is as follows;

Computer/Software:
Custom Built PC System
Cocko's REAPER
Guitar Rig 5
EZDrummer
Absynth
(and alot more plugins!)

Audio Interface / Control Surface
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R
Behringer BCF2000 Control Surface

Monitors:
Mackie MR5 MkII's

Microphones:
Shure SM 57
Shure SM7B
Shure Drum Mic set
Carillon Axis 3 Condensor (x2)
Sennheiser E906

Guitars / Basses:
Ibanez RGIR28fe 8 String
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Tribute
Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Timberidge Martinez 12 String Acoustic
Epiphone Thunderbird P-IV

Drum kit:
Ludwig Epic Euro Kit;
- 18"x22" Bass Drum
- 6.5"x14" Snare
- 7.5"x10" Rack Tom
- 8"x12" Rack Tom
- 14"x14" Floor Tom
- 16"x16" Floor Tom
Zildjian A custom Cymbal Set;
- 14" Hi-Hat
- 16" Crash
- 18" Crash
- 20" Ride

Amps:
Guitar Rig 5 Modelling Software

morethan6

Reaction score
Dodgy pic, but you get the idea! :)

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 125

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
^What board is that? Looks cool.

Here is my retro walled abode that I like to call "Schism Studios".

Now you just need to get rid of that wallpaper :p

The flooring is pretty bitchin though. I dig it. With as much gear as you have in there, it actually looks really clean. I need to rearrange my room, but there's so much stuff in it, I have no where else for it to go! haha

')