Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
^

I'm assuming that your Mackie's are your main monitors there. The Yamaha's are going to give you a distorted stereo field that far apart :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PeteLaramee

AssMaster General
Reaction score
^

I'm assuming that your Mackie's are your main monitors there. The Yamaha's are going to give you a distorted stereo field that far apart :(

I cant' really decide so I go back and forth and occasionally switch their locations. I have one pair sitting farther away because I sometimes sit back farther away from the desk while monitoring and I want to keep the triangle. I think the Mackies were my faves the week I took this pic.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

A big step back from the room I had before, that's for sure...

RME Fireface UC, Adam A5s, Torpedo Reload, EVH 5150-III 50w, Engl Invader 100, Orange, SM57, SM58, core i7-4770k comp

Reaction score
Here my little funny but usefull home studio! :)

2ljn86w.jpg

Reaction score
This is my Setup:

burntinhell-albums-recording-setup-picture5445-img-9308.jpg

burntinhell-albums-recording-setup-picture5446-img-9316.jpg

burntinhell-albums-recording-setup-picture5447-img-9311.jpg

Mac Pro
Macbook Pro
Samsung Syncmaster P2450H
Adam A7x Monitors
Motu Traveler
Axe-Fx Standard
Mackie Control Universal Pro
M-Audio Axiom 49
AKG K271
Logic, Superior Drummer, Komplete 6, Stylus, Omnisphere etc.
ESP Horizon
Framus Panthera Studio
and...
XBOX 360 :hbang:

MoPads are ordered...

that desk! where'd you find it?!

Pinhead

Reaction score
Here's my home studio I'm currently working with. It's coming together!

That keyboard is a Fantom G6, it's an awesome piece of equipment but it's so complicated and I literally have no idea how to use it. It's actually a friend's but he is storing it here for the time being. My Casio keyboard is over in the corner with my guitars.

In a perfect world, I'd have studio monitor stands already. I'll get them eventually. These are my KRK Rokit 5's and I LOVE them!

Pinhead

Reaction score
Looks like a nice setup! What's that rack that the Eleven Rack is in?

Thanks man! I love it. Here's a link to the rackmount, it's only $30 and doesn't feel like it's cheap - I recommend it for anyone looking for a rackmount on a budget. Just so you know though, I had to go buy some wingnuts in order to mount it in there because it doesn't come with any backings for the bolts holding it in place.
Amazon.com : OnStage RS7030 Rack Stand : Sound Component Racks And Accessories : Musical Instruments

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Thanks man! I love it. Here's a link to the rackmount, it's only $30 and doesn't feel like it's cheap - I recommend it for anyone looking for a rackmount on a budget. Just so you know though, I had to go buy some wingnuts in order to mount it in there because it doesn't come with any backings for the bolts holding it in place.
Amazon.com : OnStage RS7030 Rack Stand : Sound Component Racks And Accessories : Musical Instruments

Thanks for the link! Probably gonna pick one of these up for my HD Pro and soon-to-be power conditioner so I can free up some space on my desk. :metal:

Pinhead

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! Probably gonna pick one of these up for my HD Pro and soon-to-be power conditioner so I can free up some space on my desk. :metal:

Sweet. You won't be disappointed. You should've seen my desk before I got my rackmount. So cluttered, plus I was using a card table haha employee discounts saved my life. :D

wilch

Reaction score

wilch

Reaction score
witch - is that an Ikea Desk? Any advice on monitor stands?

Heys, yes. It's an Ikea Galant (right corner desk with extension, and A-legs (the T-legs would've interfered with the monitor stand's feet)).

These monitor stands were cheapies off ebay. I was lucky, they're quite heavy and sturdy.

Mikeitloud

Reaction score
My gear has gone from all analog, to all digital...
Digi 003 factory
24" Imac, 3.05 ghz duel core, 6g ram 7200rpm HD
Mavericks, Logic Pro X, all working flawlessly
2014-03-14_16-14-09_964_zps383adb1b.jpg

2014-03-14_16-35-14_372_zpse1d1fcd9.jpg

2014-03-14_16-33-32_38_zps97578455.jpg

Tirmu

Reaction score
^^^old room.

Convinced my fiance to swap rooms with me. I needed/wanted more space, and she was just using this space for storage only. Took a lot of work, but I'm finally done.

I love how clean that looks! However, you might want to consider table stands for the Yamahas, they're way too far apart.
Another solution would be to take the desk a bit away from the wall so the stands have room behind it :)

wilch

Reaction score
I love how clean that looks! However, you might want to consider table stands for the Yamahas, they're way too far apart.
Another solution would be to take the desk a bit away from the wall so the stands have room behind it :)

Thanks man, I was thinking of doing that. I do have them angled in significantly though. If I do move them in, I'll mount a pair of small shelves on top of the table for them, and will have to get some isolation foam.

I did make a small change today though. I added some acoustic foam. I found that the bass frequencies were much louder in here than my old room. It's better now.

IMG_6355.jpg

I also thought I'd have a bit of fun:

inflames1919

Hellraiser
Reaction score
Some great studios in this thread! Ive gone for a more simple setup these days. Wanted to make it as compact as possible without affecting the quality of recordings. Sold off some stuff I wasnt using and after a long time craving one I bit the bullet and bought an Axe Fx II. Not regretting it one bit. Really is a whole new world in comparison to my Pod HD. In the future will definitely upgrade my interface and replace my monitors. Enjoy!

studio.jpg

')