Show Your LACS Collection

DCM_Allan

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
I'm a LACS fan, I know is hard to get our mortal hands on one of them, but let me see your holy grail. "The LACS11 is a One-off model which is sold exclusively by select Ibanez music retailers. The LACS team designed this axe as an homage to perhaps the most famous RG model ever, the RG550. The Trans Purple finish is intended to evoke recollections of the original RG550-PN as well as lean into “Amethyst,” the nickname of this guitar. Certain features from the original design such as a top routed body, CK hardware, and an Edge tremolo system are present, intertwined with a multitude of remarkable customizations. Probably the most unique aspect is the neck-thru construction, given that the vast majority of the 550 models were bolt-on guitars."

IMG_0149.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
You know whats funny, I grew up in the late 90's/early 2000s, loved metal and heavy stuff, and never even had Fear Factory touch even the peripherals of my radar until I started posting here.

Reaction score
gotta say, when i red the thread title i thought lacs is a brand´s name :D then i saw the ibanez guitars and thought "guess there is something you have no idea about"
LACS stands for Ibanez' Los Angeles Custom Shop. It's were most artists get their custom Ibanez guitars from...

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
LACS stands for Ibanez' Los Angeles Custom Shop. It's were most artists get their custom Ibanez guitars from...

How did the lineage of LACS go? Wasn't there once a custom shop out of Pennsylvania that the general public could order through? Was LACS always artist-only?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The PA stuff you're referring to might have been the USA custom / USRG lines with the Bunker tension-free neck. That seemed to be a really customer-facing operation though, more than artist only stuff. Not sure there's any connection to LACS, I would guess not.

tedtan

Reaction score
The custom shop in Bensalem Pennsylvania moved to Los Angeles in early 1991. In LA, there were briefly two separate custom shops: one making the USA Custom line for the general public and the LACS making custom instruments for endorsing artists. The shop making guitars for the general public closed after a year or two, leaving only LACS here in the US.

There is also a Japanese custom shop, too. They traditionally have done prototyping for new instruments, but they have just started making instruments available to the general public now.

ikarus

Reaction score
There is also a Japanese custom shop, too. They traditionally have done prototyping for new instruments, but they have just started making instruments available to the general public now.

Do you have more information on this? Where can these guitars be seen/bought?

')